I eat lunch at my desk Monday through Thursday. I usually pack cottage cheese or yogurt, veggies, fruit, and whole grain crackers. Not that exciting, but it gets me through the day.
On Fridays, I like to make myself a “special” lunch. It is my day off and my day to eat lunch at home. I usually make salad, soup, or a veggie hummus sandwich. Nothing too complicated, but tasty. I recently created a new favorite sandwich-Grilled Cheese and Pear with Red Onions and Fresh Rosemary.
My pears were starting to brown-that is what inspired my sandwich. I used Bosc pears-I sliced them and brushed them with a little agave nectar. Next, I grilled them on our All Clad grill pan. I wasn’t about to go outside in the snow and grill:) I also grilled up some red onions. I toasted a Sandwich Thin to be the base of my sandwich-if you haven’t tried these, you must! They are my favorite.
I spread each thin half with Light Laughing Cow Cheese-again, if you haven’t tried this cheese, I highly recommend it:) You can use brie or your favorite cheese-I was trying to keep it healthy. I put a few fresh spinach leaves on my sandwich for color and extra nutrition. I then layered the pear slices, grilled red onions, and fresh rosemary.
The combination was marvelous! Grilling the pears with a little agave really brought out the sweetness. The cheese added a nice savory touch, while the onions and rosemary provided the perfect punch of flavor. I might be making this sandwich every Friday:)
Treat yourself to a special lunch and make this sandwich. It is easy, healthy, and incredibly tasty!
Grilled Cheese and Pear Sandwich with Red Onions and Rosemary
- 1 sandwich
- 1 Bosc pear sliced
- Agave nectar to brush on pear slices, just a little bit
- Red onion slices
- 1 Sandwich Thin
- 1 Light Laughing Cow cheese wedge
- Spinach leaves
- Fresh Rosemary
- 1. Heat the grill pan. Brush the sliced pears lightly with agave nectar. I used a pastry brush to do this. A little goes a long way. Grill the pears and red onion slices on the hot pan. Turn the pears over once one side is done cooking. This won't take long.
- 2. Toast the Sandwich Thin. Spread each half with the Light Laughing Cow cheese. Add the spinach leaves.
- 3. When the pears and onions are done grilling-place them on the sandwich. Add a sprinkle of fresh rosemary. Eat and Enjoy!
If you like this sandwich, you might also like:
Veggie Hummus Sandwich from Two Peas and Their Pod
Portobello Mushroom Sandwich from Two Peas and Their Pod
Prosciutto, Pear, and Goat Cheese Panini from Love and Olive Oil
Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Bacon and Pear from Simply Recipes