Chicken Kabobs – fajita style chicken kabobs seasoned with a spicy, easy marinade. Prep ahead for a quick, simple meal come dinnertime on the grill!
Grilled Chicken Kabobs
We love grilling anything and everything during the hot summer months. These Grilled Chicken Fajita Kabobs are a family favorite recipe and always a hit at all of our summer BBQ’s. This easy chicken kabob recipe is perfect for summertime. Get out the grill and get grilling! What are you waiting for? We have to make the most of summer!
Chicken Kabob Marinade
We love making kabobs because you can prepare them in advance and throw them on the grill when you are ready. These Grilled Chicken Kabobs have a spicy marinade that is easy to make. The chicken kabob marinade is largely made from ingredients you’ll likely have on-hand, and the kabobs can marinate for as little as an hour or up to 8 hours. The onion and red, yellow, and green bell peppers add great color and flavor to the kabobs.
If you are using wooden skewers make sure you soak them in water 20 minutes before putting them on the grill.
The chicken kabobs cook up in no time and are perfect for summer BBQ’s. They are fun to serve and fun to eat! Feel free to mix up to add other vegetables if you have them on hand. Mushrooms, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes would be a great addition.
To eat, remove the chicken and veggies from the skewer and enjoy! You are going to love these easy chicken kabobs. They will be a summer favorite!
If you like this chicken kabob recipe, you might also like:
- Grilled Chicken and Zucchini Kebabs
- Sweet and Spicy Grilled Chicken
- Chili Lime Grilled Chicken
- Honey, Lemon, and Rosemary Grilled Chicken
Grilled Chicken Fajita Kabobs
For the Fajita Marinade:
For the Kabobs:
- 1 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into ¾ inch pieces
- 1 red onion cut into ¾ inch pieces
- 1 red pepper cut into ¾ inch pieces
- 1 yellow pepper cut into ¾ inch pieces
- 1 green pepper cut into ¾ inch pieces
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Place the chicken in Ziploc bag with the fajita marinade. Seal the bag and make sure all of the chicken pieces are well coated. Place the bag in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Thread marinated chicken, onion, and peppers onto skewers. Discard leftover marinade.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the kabobs on the grill, cover, and cook until the chicken is opaque throughout, about 8-12 minutes, turning once or twice during cooking. Transfer to a warmed platter and serve immediately.
- Note-if using wooden skewers soak them in water 20 minutes before using.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod