Grilled Chicken and Zucchini Kebabs-easy grilled chicken and zucchini kebabs with a simple lemon herb marinade. These kebabs make the perfect summer meal!
During the hot summer months, we love dining al fresco, which is eating outside, but doesn’t dining al fresco sound so much better? It makes me feel fancy and I always say dining al frrrresco with my best Italian accent.
We love using our grill to make dinner because we don’t have heat up the house and we get to spend more time outside. The boys can run around and play while we cook dinner. Josh’s Grilled Chicken and Zucchini Kebabs are one of our boys favorite summer meals.
We teamed up with Bertolli® Olive Oil to “spin the bottle” and create fun summer recipes. Well, these Grilled Chicken and Zucchini Kebabs are winners!
We love making these kebabs because you can prepare them in advance and they are SO easy!
Josh marinates chicken, zucchini, and red onion in a mixture of lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, olive oil, salt, pepper, and Bertolli® 100% Pure Olive Oil.
Did you know that different types of olive oils have specific uses? We use Bertolli®100% Pure Olive Oil for the kebabs because it has a milder flavor and higher smoke point than extra virgin olive oil, making it perfect for grilling!
Marinate the chicken and zucchini for at least 30 minutes or up to four hours. This recipe is perfect for summer parties because you can have everything ready to go. When the guests arrive, throw the kebabs on the grill and mingle while they cook! This is a stress-free entertaining recipe!
It is also a great recipe for using up the garden zucchini. I bet you are wondering what to do with that pile of zucchini on your counter. Now you know, make Grilled Chicken and Zucchini Kebabs for dinner. The simple lemon herb marinade is full of flavor and you will love dining al fresco. Happy summer!
Grilled Chicken and Zucchini Kebabs
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini silced into thick rounds
- 1 large red onion cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large lemons
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup Bertolli® 1oo% Pure Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place the chicken pieces in a large Ziploc bag or bowl. Place the zucchini and red onion in a separate Ziploc bag or bowl. Set aside.
- Zest one of the lemons and place the zest in a medium bowl. Juice both lemons and add to the lemon zest. Add the minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk the marinade together. Pour half of the marinade into the freezer bag or bowl with the chicken pieces and pour the other half in the freezer bag or bowl with the zucchini and onion. Let marinade for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- When ready to grill, make the kebabs. Alternate chicken, zucchini, and onion on skewers. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Lightly brush the grill with olive oil and preheat to medium heat.
- Grill chicken kebabs, turning often so each side browns and has light grill marks, about 10-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately.
- Note-If using wooden skewers, soak them in water before using. If using metal skewers, no prep is necessary.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
This post is sponsored by Bertolli, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.