I love walking out our back door to pick fresh herbs. One of the many joys of summer. Earlier this week, I went outside to grab some fresh basil to make crostini. Our basil plants were exploding, so I decided to pick a bunch and make pesto. I used the pesto to make Grilled Pesto Potatoes.
I love making these potatoes because they are easy to prepare, full of flavor, and go great with any meal. Josh fired up the grill while I made the pesto. I covered red potatoes in pesto and put them in a foil packet. I love using foil packets because there is no clean up!
Josh grilled the potatoes to perfection and we served them with a Watermelon Feta Salad and sweet corn. I just love summer!
Don’t heat up the house this weekend. Get out the grill and grill up some Grilled Pesto Potatoes! They are the perfect side dish to any summer meal.
Grilled Pesto Potatoes
To make the basil pesto:
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves packed
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the Potatoes:
- 5 red potatoes washed and cut into cubes
- Cooking Spray
- Aluminum Foil
- Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor or blender and pulse until coarsely chopped. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil and process until smooth. Add the cheese and pulse until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a medium bowl, combine potatoes and pesto. Mix until potatoes are well covered. Spray a large piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Add the potatoes and wrap in a foil packet. Wrap another piece of foil around the packet so it is sturdy enough to grill.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Place the potato packet on the grill. Cook for 15 minutes and then flip the packet. Cook for an additional 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and slightly crisp. Carefully remove the potatoes from the packet and serve warm.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like these Grilled Pesto Potatoes, you might also like: