Honey Lime Salmon Tacos – the slightly sweet honey lime glaze makes these salmon tacos extra delicious. They take less than 30 minutes to make and are great for Taco Tuesday or any day!
Salmon for Tacos
Caleb is obsessed with salmon right now. He puts it on his little meal chart every week and makes sure we remember to buy it at the store. Caleb is also a big fan of Taco Tuesdays so last week we combined salmon night and Taco Tuesday and made Honey Lime Salmon Tacos. It was Caleb’s dream dinner!
Salmon Fish Taco Glaze
Don’t be scared of salmon, it is so easy to prepare and so easy to cook. For the salmon tacos, we made a simple honey lime glaze. The glaze only has five ingredients: olive oil, fresh lime juice, honey, lime zest, and garlic. Whisk everything together, pour it over fresh salmon, sprinkle with a little cilantro, and bake for about 15 minutes. Yep, it’s that easy.
How to Make Salmon Tacos
While the salmon is baking, get all of your taco toppings ready. For these salmon tacos, we used:
- red cabbage
- queso fresco
Easy peasy! Feel free to add your favorite taco toppings! Radishes, shredded cheese, red onion, and jalapeño slices would also be good!
For the base of the tacos we used corn tortillas that we charred slightly over our gas stove. If you don’t have a gas stove, you can heat up the tortillas in the microwave or oven.
When the salmon comes out of the oven, it is taco time! Place pieces of salmon on top of the corn tortillas and top with the prepared taco toppings!
Honey + Lime make Great Salmon Fish Tacos
The salmon is tender, flaky, and slightly sweet! The honey lime glaze made the perfect salmon for tacos! Caleb was in taco heaven. He ate two tacos and asked if we could have Honey Lime Salmon Tacos next Tuesday. He said every Tuesday should be a salmon Taco Tuesday:)
If you like these Salmon Tacos, you might also like:
- Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos
- Mexican Rice
- Pico de Gallo
- Grilled Zucchini Chickpea Tacos
- Grilled Steak Tacos
Honey Lime Salmon Tacos
- 1 pound salmon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1/3 cup crumbled queso fresco
- Extra cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Fold the sides up so the marinade doesn't run out of the foil onto the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, honey, lime zest, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the salmon on the foil lined pan and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the honey lime glaze over the salmon. It is ok if it spreads. Sprinkle salmon evenly with chopped cilantro. Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove salmon from foil, separating the salmon from the skin. Discard the skin. Break up the salmon into pieces and place on corn tortillas. Top each taco with shredded cabbage, avocado, queso fresco, and cilantro. Serve warm.
- Note-We like to char the corn tortillas over our gas range or grill. You can also heat them up in the oven or microwave.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
I love salmon but have somehow never thought to make it with tacos, YUM!
You need to try them!! 🙂
Oh wow- these look absolutely amazing!!! I love the flavors!
I love salmon! I love tacos! Win/win
This is so beautiful and I’m sure tastes wonderful. Such a nice healthier version for tacos.
Thanks! A fun way to mix up taco night!
These look phenomenal! I cannot wait to try it out.
Such light and fresh looking tacos!
I’ve never heard of salmon tacos before, but these look delicious!
I love lime and salmon together! It’s fun to play around with the flavors like that. My kids like salmon, too, but only every now and then =)
These look so delicious! I have never thought to have salmon in tacos. They are going on my list for dinner this week!
My new favorite tacos!!
Woah. SO FRESH! These look delightful!
Those were delicious! I will definitely make them again!
We love salmon. I have made tilapia tacos before but never thought of salmon. Going to make this on Friday.
I hope you like them!
We had these tacos for dinner last night. They were absolutely delicious. I used guacamole instead of avocado and I added sour cream. Perfect dinner!
I thought these were good, but also in serious need of a sauce. The 5 star review above mentions adding guacamole and I think that’s a great idea. Some sort of cilantro dressing would also fit the bill to offset the dry taco.
Absolutely delicious! We make a garlic lime mayo with ours and it is by far our favorite taco recipe!
This is my absolut favorite taco! The salmon is so freaking good in that glaze even the family members that aren’t big salmon fans loved it. Highly recommend this recipe it is so good
Delicious and quick! This is now in our regular dinner rotation.