Sometimes you need a vacation when you get home from a vacation. I’ve been playing catch up ever since we got back from California. My days have been filled with answering e-mails, laundry, chores, grocery shopping, blog work, and trying to find ways to use our rhubarb. Our four plants exploded while we were on vacation. I don’t want my precious rhubarb to go to waste so I have been making rhubarb recipes like mad. One of my new favorite rhubarb recipes is this Honey Roasted Rhubarb.
This recipe is super simple to make. There are only four ingredients-rhubarb, honey, orange zest, and fresh orange juice. That is it! I’ve been eating Honey Roasted Rhubarb with my plain Greek yogurt every morning. It is so good! You can also spoon the Honey Roasted Rhubarb over ice cream for dessert. The sweet honey balances out the tart rhubarb while the orange juice and zest gives it a nice refreshing kick.
The Honey Roasted Rhubarb is great served warm or chilled. It will keep in the refrigerator for about four days. I still have some in the fridge and I think it will make a great topping for pancakes, waffles, or French toast this weekend. I can’t wait for breakfast!
If you are looking for other recipes to use up your rhubarb, here are a few of our favorites:
- Rhubarb Apple Bread
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
- Strawberry Rhubarb Baked French Toast
- Rhubarb Sorbet
- Strawberry Rhubarb Shortcake
- Rhubarb Applesauce
- Strawberry Rhubarb Galette
- Blackberry Rhubarb Buttermilk Cake
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crumb Cake
Honey Roasted Rhubarb
- 1 lb. rhubarb cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the rhubarb in a large bowl. Add the orange zest, orange juice, and honey. Stir until rhubarb is well coated. Place rhubarb in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until rhubarb is tender, stirring once.
- Serve roasted rhubarb with yogurt, ice cream, pancakes, waffles, French toast, etc.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod