Soft lemon pudding cookies with dried blueberries and white chocolate chips. A great cookie for summer!
School is out for the summer and the neighborhood kids are out and about. We live across the street from the park so we see lots of kids coming and going. Caleb loves sitting on the porch so he can wave to everyone. I like sitting on the porch so when friends walk by, I can give them cookies. I made Lemon Blueberry Pudding Cookies and passed them out to everyone that walked by. Cookies are a great conversation starter! I love sharing cookies, but I love catching up with our neighbors even more. It’s great to see everyone after hibernating for the winter.
I love making pudding cookies because they are soft and stay soft for days. Plus, everyone loves them. Every time I make a pudding cookie, they get rave reviews. A few of my favorites include: Oreo White Chocolate Pudding Cookies, Butterscotch Pudding Triple Chip Cookies, and Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies. These Lemon Blueberry Pudding Cookies are also at the top of my list. They are delicious!
I used a lemon pudding mix to make the cookies. I also added in the zest of one lemon to bring out the lemon flavor. I added in dried blueberries because lemon and blueberries are a match made in heaven. The dried blueberries are sweet and add a nice chewy texture. I also threw in some white chocolate chips because chocolate is always a good idea if you ask me!
These cookies are soft and chewy with a refreshing lemon flavor. Josh loved them and so did all of neighbors that walked by.
And you want to know who else who loved them? Our little pea! He snuck up on me while I was taking pictures and tried to help himself to a plate of cookies. He’s a little cookie monster!
Brighten your day with a batch of Lemon Blueberry Pudding Cookies. I think I will make a batch for the 4th of July. They are missing the red part of red, white, and blue, but oh well:)
And if you are in our neighborhood, wave to us on the patio and ask for some cookies. We are always happy to share! We love spreading the cookie love!
Lemon Blueberry Pudding Cookies
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 3.4 oz package lemon instant pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, rub the granulated sugar and lemon zest together, using your fingers, until fragrant. Using a mixer, beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add in lemon pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla extract. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the dried blueberries and white chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges and set. Remove cookies from oven and let cool on baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Note-you don't need to make the pudding, just add in the dry pudding mix. These cookies will stay soft for 3-4 days. Store in an air-tight container on the counter.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod