Lemon Cream Cheese Scones – This easy scone recipe is made with butter and cream cheese, making soft, tender scones. Finish them off with the sweet lemon glaze, and you have perfectly delicious lemon scones for breakfast or brunch.
Scone Recipe Perfect for Brunch
I wish a plate of Lemon Cream Cheese Scones would magically appear in front of me right now. They are SO good! You are going to LOVE this scone recipe. They are always a hit for brunch. I love brunch because you get to enjoy breakfast and lunch recipes and sweets are totally acceptable, like these delicious scones! They are guaranteed to be the hit of any brunch!
Refreshing Lemon Scones
Scones are one of my all-time favorite breakfast treats. I actually like them more than muffins and cinnamon rolls. Well, except for my dad’s famous cinnamon rolls, nothing beats my dad’s cinnamon rolls.
I really love this scone recipe because the flavors are simple, but oh so good! The burst of lemon is delightful, making these lemon scones refreshing and decadent! This scone recipe turns out the softest scones due to the use of butter AND cream cheese.
The scones are easy to make because they are made in a food processor. They come together in no time.
Try this Scone Recipe for Breakfast or Brunch
When the scone dough comes together, cut the scones into triangles. You can also use biscuit cutter if you prefer round scones. Both will be tasty! Bake the scones at a high heat.
When the scones are done baking and slightly cooled, I drizzle a simple lemon glaze over the tops. The sweet glaze makes the scones even better. Sometimes, I like to eat these lemon scones with homemade jam too. They are such a nice breakfast or brunch treat. The scones are best the day they are made, but don’t worry, you probably won’t have any leftovers because they are TOO good!
If you like these Lemon Cream Cheese Scones, you might also like:
Lemon Cream Cheese Scones
For the scones:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese cold and cut into pieces
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter cold and cut into pieces
- 2 large eggs cold
- 1/3 cup whole milk cold
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar and lemon zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant. Add the flour, baking powder, salt. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Place the cold cream cheese, butter, and eggs in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade and pulse to combine, about 6 to 8 times. Scrape down the bowl and add the dry ingredients, milk, and lemon juice. Pulse 3 more times and scrape again. Pulse a few more times until the dough comes together.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and place on a lightly floured work surface. Fold the dough over on itself a few times to make it smoother. Don't overwork the dough.
- Divide the dough in 2 equal pieces. Form each piece into about a 6-inch disk. Use a bench scraper or sharp knife to cut the disks into triangles.
- Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until the scones rise up and are golden. Remove the scones from the oven and place on a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the scones are cooling, make the lemon glaze. Combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the scones. Serve.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod