This easy recipe for lemon raspberry bars is a family favorite. These bars are the perfect dessert for summer parties and potlucks!
Favorite Summer Dessert
We are less than one week away from the 4th of July. If you are looking for a summer dessert to impress your family and friends, look no further. These lemon raspberry bars will knock everyone’s flip flops off! The bars are beautiful and easy to make, but don’t tell-remember we are trying to impress this holiday:)
Lemon desserts are perfect for summer time. I love making bar treats for holiday celebrations too. They are easy to make, cut, serve, and everyone loves them. These bars have a thick graham cracker crust that is topped with a creamy lemon raspberry filling. The fresh raspberries add a hint of tartness to the luscious lemon filling. The bars are best served chilled and can be made in advance, another bonus. These lemon raspberry bars are a no fuss dessert that everyone will love.
Celebrate the 4th of July with lemon raspberry bars. Everyone at the party will want the recipe for these dreamy lemon raspberry bars. You are welcome to share the recipe or it can be our little secret on how simple these beautiful bars are to make:)
More Lemon Recipes
- Lemon Blueberry Bars
- Lemon Sugar Cookies Bars
- Glazed Lemon Cookies
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Lemon Blueberry Cake
Lemon Raspberry Bars
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- Zest of one lemon
For the filling:
- 2 large egg yolks
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk (fat free works too)
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 8 by 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and lemon zest. Stir until graham cracker crumbs are moist. Press crumbs into the prepared pan, pressing the crust mixture one inch up the side of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once the crust is cool, combine the egg yolks and condensed milk until well mixed. Stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir until mixture begins to slightly thicken. Gently fold in the raspberries. Fold carefully so you don’t break the raspberries.
- Pour the lemon raspberry filling evenly over the graham cracker crust. Bake for 15 minutes, or until just set.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill for at least one hour before serving. Cut into bars and serve. Keep bars in the refrigerator-up to five days.
- *Note-use fresh raspberries and make sure you gently fold the berries into the lemon filling or you will have pink bars.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod