These easy lemon blueberry bars are easy to make and a summer favorite! You will love the graham cracker crust, tart creamy lemon filling, and juicy blueberries!
It is a hot week in Utah. I try to not turn on the oven, but I always cave in. My love for baking is far more important than the heat. I try to do my baking first thing in the morning so it isn’t too too hot. This week I made Lemon Blueberry Bars. The house might have gotten a little warm, but these easy lemon bars were well worth it.
These Lemon Blueberry Bars are a spin off of my Lemon Raspberry Bars. I mixed things up a bit by adding blueberries. If I had to pick a favorite bar, I don’t think I could. I love them both. I think I love whatever bar I am eating at the time-blueberry or raspberry:)
These bars have a thick graham cracker crust and are topped with a luscious lemon blueberry filling. The filling is silky, smooth, and refreshing. The fresh, plump blueberries add a juicy pop of sweetness to the tart lemon filling. Serve the bars chilled for a cool, summery treat.
Last night, after it cooled down, I cut two lemon squares and took them out on the patio for us to enjoy. It was the perfect summer dessert. If it is hot where you are and you don’t want to turn on the oven, I understand, but trust me these Lemon Blueberry Bars are worth a little heat. And the total baking time is only 25 minutes-you can tough it out:)
More Lemon Desserts
- Lemon Bars
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Lemon Raspberry Bars
- Lemon Zucchini Bars
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Bars
- Glazed Lemon Cookies
Lemon Blueberry Bars
For the crust:
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
For the filling:
- 2 large egg yolks
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8×8 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and lemon zest. Stir until graham cracker crumbs are moist. Press crumbs firmly into prepared pan. Bake the graham cracker crust for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- To make the filling, combine the egg yolks and condensed milk in a medium bowl. Stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir until mixture is smooth and begins to slightly thicken.
- Gently fold in the blueberries. Pour the lemon blueberry filling evenly over the graham cracker crust. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until just set.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving. Cut into bars and serve.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod