It is officially fall and we are ready for comfort foods. My favorite comfort food of all time is a peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwich on whole wheat bread. I recently created a peanut butter, banana, and honey cookie, inspired by my favorite comfort food. If you like peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwiches, you will adore these cookies.
I know peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwiches are simple, but there is something special about them. They are delicious, wholesome, and bring me back to my childhood. When I was younger, I loved making my own peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwiches so I could squeeze the golden honey bear. Of course, I always made a sticky mess, but I didn’t mind because I got to lick my fingers:) I was precise in my banana placing, I wanted a slice of banana in every bite. I carefully lined them up across the bread that had been slathered with creamy peanut butter and drizzled with sweet honey. I always cut my sandwiches in half and savored every bite.
Peanut butter, banana, and honey cookies have the same comforting flavors as the sandwich. These cookies are hearty and scrumptious. The peanut butter honey glaze takes these cookies from great to grand! I could eat the glaze by the spoonful or maybe even the bowl:)
I will continue to enjoy my favorite sandwich, but peanut butter, banana, and honey cookies are a new favorite comfort food.
More Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes
- Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- No Bake Cookies
Peanut Butter, Banana, and Honey Cookies
For the cookies:
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter and sugars, mix until smooth. Add peanut butter, honey, vanilla extract, and egg. Combine until smooth. Next, add the banana and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in the oats.
- Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets that have been lined with parchment paper or Silcone baking mats. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- To make the glaze-combine peanut butter, powdered sugar, milk, and honey in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. If it is too thick or thin, adjust by adding more milk or powdered sugar. Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod