Peanut Butter Banana Muffins with Honey – if you like peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwiches, you will love these simple and healthy peanut butter banana muffins! They are great for breakfast or snack time!
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins with Honey
I make a batch of muffins once a week to stick in the freezer. They are great to have on hand for easy breakfasts or snacks for the boys. I just pull them out of the freezer and reheat in the microwave. I try to mix up the muffin recipe every week so the boys don’t get bored. A few of their favorites include Blueberry Coconut Muffins, Apple Zucchini Muffins, and Vegan Banana Blueberry Muffins.
This week, I made a batch of Peanut Butter, Banana, and Honey Muffins, but they never made it to the freezer. Oops! The boys devoured them…with my help! We couldn’t stop eating these muffins!
How to Make Peanut Butter Banana Muffins Healthier
Peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwiches are my favorite so I decided to try the classic combo in muffin form. I am so glad I did because now I have a new favorite muffin! Peanut butter banana muffins drizzled with honey…mmm.
I wanted to keep these peanut butter banana muffins on the healthier side so I used whole wheat flour, natural creamy peanut butter, mashed bananas, coconut oil, and Almond Breeze Almondmilk Hint of Honey. I love using Almond Breeze “Hint of Honey” because it has a rich and creamy taste and adds the perfect splash of sweetness!
When the muffins came out of the oven, I also drizzled a little honey over the top! It was the perfect finishing touch!
Extra Peanut Butter on your Peanut Butter Muffin
And if you are a peanut butter lover, like me, I highly recommend spreading a spoonful of peanut butter over the warm peanut butter banana muffin. Double the peanut butter…so good!
I am going to have to make another batch of these Peanut Butter Banana Muffins when my boys aren’t around. If they see them, they will want to eat them and I want to have a stash in the freezer for busy days. I know I won’t be able to resist a warm muffin, but hopefully, they won’t notice that one muffin is missing from the stash:)
Peanut Butter, Banana, and Honey Muffins
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 37 minutes
- 15 muffins
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large ripe bananas about 1 3/4 cup mashed
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Hint of Honey
- Turbinado sugar for sprinkling on muffins before baking, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Peel the bananas and mash with a fork until smooth. Place the mashed bananas in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the brown sugar, honey, coconut oil, egg, vanilla and beat until combined. Add in the peanut butter and beat until smooth. Add the flour mixture and milk alternately, starting and ending with the flour. Mix until just combined. Don't overmix.
- Fill muffin liners three-quarters full. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar, if desired. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 20-22 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool. We like to serve the muffins with peanut butter and a drizzle of honey. Store, covered, at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Note-these muffins freeze well. To reheat, place muffin in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Follow us on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure: this post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk, but our opinions are our own.