Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie-this creamy and dreamy smoothie is easy to make and perfect for any time of the day! The peanut butter and banana combo is perfection!
This post is sponsored by KitchenAid.
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
I don’t think you can go wrong when it comes to peanut butter, but combining it with bananas? Out of this world! I love this smoothie for breakfast or post-workout, and my kids will even request it as an after school snack. It’s honestly so good that I’ll make it for dessert sometimes! It’s good anytime of the day!
This is a really simple ingredient list! It’s like all of my favorite smoothie ingredients came to party. We’ll be blending:
- Peanut butter– I like to use natural creamy peanut butter. I look for peanut butter that only has peanuts and salt.
- Banana– You can use a fresh or frozen banana. I like to use frozen because it makes the smoothie extra thick and creamy. Pro tip, when your bananas are turning brown, peel and cut into chunks and put them in the freezer. They are perfect for smoothies.
- Milk– Use your favorite milk. I like to use unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I also like this smoothie with kefir.
- Frozen cauliflower– Trust me on this, you can’t taste it at all and it’s a great way to get in your veggies! Plus, it makes the smoothie even creamier!
- Ice– If you want a thicker smoothie.
- Ground flaxseed– This is optional, but I love the added health benefits!
- Vanilla extract– Just a tiny splash for sweet vanilla flavor!
How to Make Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
This smoothie is SO simple to make. Put all of the ingredients in the blender and mix. That is it!
My favorite blender is the KitchenAid K400 Blender. It easily blends tough ingredients, like ice and frozen fruit. The blender has a 5-speed variable speed dial, making it easy to control taste and texture. Or you can use the easy 3 Preset Recipe Programs: Ice Crush, Icy Drinks, and Smoothie. The blender comes in a variety of colors and is a beauty! I use my blender every single day-it’s basically my bff in the kitchen.
- Using a frozen banana adds incredible creaminess! I try to keep a couple in my freezer at all times so they’re ready to grab and toss into a smoothie. It gives an almost-milkshake consistency.
- If you’d like a little more sweetness, use a couple drops of honey! Sample it without honey first though; you might be surprised by the sweetness the banana gives.
- I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk for this smoothie, but you can use whatever milk you and your family like best. Coconut, regular milk, or kefir are all good options!
- A handful of spinach or kale adds so many incredible nutrients to your smoothie and you can’t even taste it. Note, the smoothie will turn green, but that isn’t a bad thing:)
- You could also add a scoop of your favorite protein powder for a boost of nutrients. I like this protein powder.
More Smoothie Recipes
- Secret Ingredient Healthy Smoothie
- Detox Smoothie
- Easy Strawberry Mango Smoothie
- Green Smoothie
- Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
- Triple Berry Chia
- Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Place the milk, banana, cauliflower, peanut butter, flaxseed (if using), vanilla extract, and ice into a powerful blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a large glass or two small glasses and serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Photos by Dishing Out Health