Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
Things are going well at our house. We love being parents. We are a little tired, but we can’t complain. Our little pea let us get six hours of sleep on Saturday night. He is a really good baby. We are loving every minute with him. My dad is visiting this week to help us out, which will be nice.
I made a bunch of recipes before the baby arrived and will still be posting recipes on my regular schedule, so please come visit us:) We are slowly making our way back into the kitchen. After we made the Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes, we still had pumpkin to use up, so I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars. They are easy to make and the perfect fall dessert.
These bars are a staple in our house. I look forward to them every fall. You can’t go wrong with pumpkin and chocolate together and these bars are dotted with chocolate chips. The pumpkin bars are soft, moist, and have a cakey texture. The bars are plenty rich due to the chocolate chips, so you don’t need to frost the bars. They are perfect for dessert or snack time. If you like pumpkin, I bet you will be making this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bar recipe over and over this fall.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
Easy pumpkin bars with chocolate chips are the perfect fall dessert.
Yield: 24 bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin-pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking pan and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- With a stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth; beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Add pumpkin puree and mix well. The mixture will look somewhat curdled. Reduce speed to low, and mix in dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake bars for 35-40 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached.
- Cool bars completely in pan. Cut into squares and serve.
Recipe from Martha StewartAll images and text ©Two Peas & Their Pod.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
If you like these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars, you might also like: