Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies-everyone’s favorite fall cookie! These spiced pumpkin cookies are soft, chewy, and dotted with chocolate chips!
I had pumpkin leftover from our Brown Butter Pumpkin Waffles and wasn’t about to let it go to waste. I love it when ingredients force you to make something, especially when cookies are involved. I pulled up our website to get our Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and was shocked that I didn’t find it. We’ve been blogging for about 5 years and I haven’t shared my favorite Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I am so sorry! Shame on me! I get wrapped up in creating new cookie recipes that sometimes I forget the classics. Well, this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is a classic and you all need to add it to your recipe box…or wherever you keep your recipes these days!
Pumpkin and chocolate are two of my favorite combinations. I can eat a whole loaf of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread by myself. Good thing our recipe makes three loaves. I eat one and share the other two loaves:) Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies don’t stand a chance against me either. I can’t stop eating them after I start! They are one of my favorite fall cookies!
The spiced pumpkin cookies are soft, chewy, and dotted with sweet chocolate chips! I like to use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but if you are a milk chocolate fan it won’t hurt my feelings if you invite them to the party instead. Do what you gotta do!
Fall isn’t fall without Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, so get baking! We love these cookies and I think you and everyone you share them with will too! That is, IF you decide to share, I won’t judge you if you eat them all by yourself. It’s ok to just love yourself once in awhile and hog all of the cookies!
Check out our other pumpkin cookie recipes! You can never have too many pumpkin cookie recipes:)
- Pumpkin Toffee Cookies with Salted Caramel Glaze
- Pumpkin Gingersnap Cookies
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Scotchies
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with Dried Cranberries & Chocolate Chips
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft and chewy spiced pumpkin cookies dotted with chocolate chips! We make endless batches of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies during the fall months. They are always a hit!
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and spices. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add the egg, vanilla, and pumpkin and mix until combined, about 3 minutes. Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by large, rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are just beginning to brown around the edges. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!