It’s fall and do you know what that means? Pumpkin chocolate chip bread. Fall isn’t fall without it. I have been making this pumpkin chocolate chip bread for years. It is a staple in our home every fall season. As soon as I smell pumpkin bread baking in the oven, I know fall has arrived.
This pumpkin chocolate chip bread makes a great fall snack, dessert, or even a sweet breakfast treat. The spiced bread is moist and dotted with chocolate chips. Cut a thick slice, grab a glass of milk, and enjoy! This recipe makes three large loaves-so be prepared to share. I don’t think your friends and family will complain if you show up on their doorstep with a fresh loaf of pumpkin chocolate chip bread. They will accept it with open arms.
Start the fall season off right by making pumpkin chocolate chip bread. Happy Fall everyone!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Cook Time
- 1 hour
- 3 loaves bread
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 15 ounce can 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray three 9x5 inch loaf pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, canola oil, water, vanilla, and eggs. Mix until smooth.
- Slowly blend in flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chips. Evenly divide batter between the three loaf pans.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until browned and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove loaves from oven and cool in pans on a wire rack for 15 minutes. With a knife, go around the bread and loosen the loaves. Remove from pan and cool completely before slicing.
- *Note-this recipe makes a lot of bread, so be prepared to share or put a loaf in the freezer for later. You can use 2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice to replace the cinnamon and nutmeg.
If you like this pumpkin chocolate chip bread, you might also like: