Pumpkin Toffee Chocolate Chip Muffins with a sweet toffee streusel topping! These muffins are good for breakfast, snack time, or dessert!
I am determined to make your Monday better with Pumpkin Toffee Chocolate Chip Muffins. That’s right, pumpkin, toffee, AND chocolate all wrapped up in one little muffin! Oh, and did I mention that there is also a toffee streusel on top? There is! Your Monday just got better, huh? Now, I just wish you could reach in your computer screen and grab a muffin. I am still trying to figure out how to make that work. Hopefully someday because we always have a lot of food to share:)
Until I figure it out, you will have to make Pumpkin Toffee Chocolate Chip Muffins on your own. Don’t worry, they are super easy to make and SO worth a little effort.
Monday mornings are always the hardest. I usually save breakfast treats for weekends. We love making pancakes, waffles, French toast, or muffins on the weekends, but rarely make them during the week. The weekend mornings are more relaxed and we have more time, but today, I am changing things up. I am starting Monday with Pumpkin Toffee Chocolate Chip Muffins. I know these muffins will make my day and week a whole lot better.
The pumpkin muffins have all of my favorite fall spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. The muffins are also nice and moist thanks to the pumpkin, oil, and eggs.
The muffins would be good if I stopped there, but I didn’t. I added in toffee bits and mini chocolate chips. Oh, yeah!
The muffins would be really good if I stopped there, but I didn’t. I topped the muffins off with toffee streusel and more mini chocolate chips. Streusel is always a good idea, especially when toffee and chocolate are involved.
The toffee and mini chocolate chips make these muffins all kinds of awesome! They are a must make for fall…and for Monday.
Start your week off right with Pumpkin Toffee Chocolate Chip Muffins. And the beauty of these muffins? They are good anytime of the day. You can eat them for breakfast, as a snack, or for dessert. And if you want them to be your dinner. I won’t judge. It’s Monday. Do whatever you need to do!
Pumpkin Toffee Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 30 minutes
- 12 muffins
For the muffins:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
For the toffee streusel topping:
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, spices, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, and stir until just combined. Stir in the toffee bits and mini chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter among lined muffin cups, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- To make the streusel, in a small bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, toffee bits, and mini chocolate chips. Cut the butter into the mixture using your fingers until mixture is coarse and crumbly. Sprinkle about a tablespoon of the mixture over each unbaked muffin.
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out with just a few crumbs. Let cool to room temperature before serving.