Last week we had a house full of guests-it was nice having extra bodies around. We had a great time with our family and friends. It is weird just being the two of us again. I guess it is time to get back to our “normal” routine. We are both back at work this week-the holiday fun is over.
We did a lot of cooking for our guests last week. I was sick at the beginning of the week, so Josh was the “head chef.” Luckily, I was able to help out by the end of the week. We made a lot of tasty meals. One of my favorite dishes was a side-roasted sweet potatoes with agave nectar and fresh rosemary.
Have you tried agave nectar? It is similar in taste and texture to honey but has a lower glycemic index. Agave nectar is a natural sweetener that can be used to replace high-glycemic and refined sugars. I used Xagave-they are located in Salt Lake City-yea for a local company:) I whisked together a little bit of agave with olive oil, salt, and pepper. I poured the mixture over cubed sweet potatoes and tossed them together. I also added fresh rosemary.
I roasted the sweet potatoes for about 45 minutes, at 400 degrees. Roasting vegetables brings out the best flavor. The agave nectar gave the potatoes a sweet, carmelized crust. Mmmmm! I could eat this side dish as my main meal and be perfectly content. Everyone else loved them and I am certain you will too.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Agave Nectar and Fresh Rosemary
- 3 large sweet potatoes washed and peeled, cut into cubes
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 1/2 T. agave nectar
- 1-2 T. fresh rosemary finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Place the cubed sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Whisk together the olive oil, agave nectar, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes and toss. Make sure the potatoes are well coated. Add the fresh rosemary and toss again.
- 3. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Spread out the potatoes on the baking sheet. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Stir the potatoes every 15 minutes. Make sure the potatoes are soft. Serve warm.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like roasted sweet potatoes, you might also like:
Baked Sweet Potato Fries from Two Peas and Their Pod
Baked Potato and Sweet Potato Chips from Two Peas and Their Pod
Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Yams, and Brussel Sprouts with Fresh Rosemary from Two Peas and Their Pod
Spicy Crockpot Sweet Potatoes from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Sweet Potato Risotto from Carrots N Cake