Salted Caramel Butterscotch Blondies-chewy blondies with butterscotch chips, salted caramel, and a sprinkling of sea salt. Top with ice cream and a drizzle of salted caramel sauce for an extra special dessert.
Caleb and Maxwell are complete opposites when it comes to looks. Caleb was born with lots of black hair and now has a full head of dark brown hair. He also has dark brown eyes. Maxwell has blonde hair and bright blue eyes. I like to say I have a brownie and a blondie. It works because they are both super sweet:) And of course I compare my boys to desserts. I am always thinking about sweets:)
Today, I am sharing my new favorite blondie recipe, Salted Caramel Butterscotch Blondies. I made these blondies because after calling Maxwell my little blondie I started craving blondies and had to bake a pan. Unfortunately, Maxwell couldn’t help me eat the blondies, he is still too little, but you can thank him for this amazing recipe. He is my blondie inspiration! 🙂
I love making blondies because they are easy to mix up and are made in a pan. You know I love my cookies, but sometimes it is nice to take a break from rolling cookie dough balls. With blondies, you just press the dough into one pan and you are good to go!
Maxwell was the main inspiration for these blondies, but I was also inspired by a jar of salted caramel sauce in the fridge and an opened bag of butterscotch chips I had leftover from making these cookies. I decided to put both to use and make Salted Caramel Butterscotch Blondies.
If you like sweets, these blondies are for you! They are super sweet and super delicious. The blondies are chewy, buttery, and packed with brown sugar and butterscotch goodness. The gooey layer of salted caramel sauce is a pleasant surprise. It takes the blondies from yum to YUM!!!!!
And if you are feeling extra naughty, go ahead and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of salted caramel sauce. If the blondie is warm, even better. You will be in dessert heaven. You probably won’t want to leave so take the entire pan of blondies with you and enjoy dessert heaven. It is a magical place!
When Maxwell gets older I will have to make him Salted Caramel Butterscotch Blondies. I am sure he will like them. He has to, he is my little blondie!
Salted Caramel Butterscotch Blondies
- 2 ⅛ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- ½ cup salted caramel sauce
- Sea salt for sprinkling over bars
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the melted butter and sugars together until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix on low, just until combined. Stir in the butterscotch chips.
- Press half of the dough evenly into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the spatula. Drizzle salted caramel sauce over the dough. Top with remaining dough and evenly spread out using a spatula. It's ok if some of the caramel sauce peeks through. Sprinkle blondies with sea salt.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top of the bars are light golden brown and the edges start to pull away from the pan. Cool bars on a wire rack to room temperature. Cut blondies into squares and serve.
- Note-these blondies are good served with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of salted caramel sauce.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod