Salted Caramel Pretzel Fudge
Salted Caramel Pretzel Fudge-this decadent fudge is made in the microwave and only takes a few minutes to make, but no one will ever know because it is so amazing!
Every holiday season I go cookie crazy so I don’t usually have time for other treats. Well, this year I decided I was going to make fudge and I am SO glad I did because this Salted Caramel Pretzel Fudge is life changing. It might be my favorite treat this holiday season and that is saying a lot because you all know how much I LOVE cookies. And guess what? This fudge only takes minutes to make and it is made in the microwave! A HUGE bonus for the busy holiday season.
I love a good sweet and salty combo so I thought it would be fun to make a sweet and salty fudge. I combined chocolate, salted caramel, pretzels, and sea salt in one pan and created the most amazing fudge.
Candy can be tricky and during the holidays I don’t have time to mess with candy thermometers and finicky recipes so I made this recipe foolproof. You make it in the microwave and it only takes minutes to put together. You do have to chill it, but that is the easy part. You can bake other treats, wrap presents, decorate the tree, or watch a holiday movie while it is chilling. This is EASY peasy fudge. Stress free fudge. The BEST fudge.
The chocolate fudge has chopped up pretzel pieces and a layer of salted caramel in the middle. I put whole pretzels and a sprinkling of sea salt on top!
When the fudge is done chilling, I cut the fudge into pieces with a sharp knife. Every piece gets a whole pretzel on top. The fudge is so pretty and looks like a million bucks! The oozing salted caramel in the center is the BIG money. Everyone will think you bought this fudge or are a candy maker extraordinaire. You don’t have to tell them how easy the fudge is to make, that can be our little secret:)
If you are looking for a holiday treat to WOW all of your friends and family this year, make this Salted Caramel Pretzel Fudge. It is all kinds of awesome! Oh, and it can be made in advance. You can keep it chilling in the fridge for up to two weeks. So make it now and serve or gift later! It is the PERFECT fudge for so many reasons. Try it and you will see what I am talking about. The sweet and salty combo wins again! Enjoy!
If you like this Salted Caramel Pretzel Fudge, you might also like:
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- Brown Butter Salted Caramel Snickerdoodles
- No Churn Salted Caramel Toffee Pretzel Ice Cream
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
Salted Caramel Pretzel Fudge
This easy sweet and salty fudge is foolproof! It is a great holiday or anytime treat!
Yield: 25 pieces of fudge
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours 10 minutes (includes chilling time)
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I use Guittard)
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pretzels
- 25 soft caramel candies, unwrapped (I use Kraft)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 25 whole pretzels for garnish
- Sea salt, for garnish
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, making sure to leave some overhang for easy removal. Lightly grease the bottom and sides and set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Add the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Stir until combined. Place the bowl in the microwave and heat for 1 minute on high. Remove from microwave and stir to combine. If needed, heat an additional 15-30 seconds. Stir until chips are completely melted and chocolate is smooth. Stir in the vanilla extract and chopped pretzels.
- Put the caramels and heavy cream in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 20-30 second increments, stirring well after each increment, until the caramel is melted and smooth. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon sea salt.
- Add half of the fudge to the prepared baking pan and smooth it out with a spatula. Add the caramel and spread evenly over the fudge with a spatula. Add the remaining half of the fudge and spread it out evenly over the caramel. Top with pretzels and a sprinkling of sea salt.
- Place the fudge in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours or until the fudge is solid enough to cut into squares. I like to chill it overnight. Cut the fudge with a hot wet knife. Fudge will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!