Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies-chocolate chip cookies with salted caramel, pretzels, and a sprinkling of sea salt. You will love the sweet and salty combo!
We bake cookies every Sunday, it is our tradition. I usually do most of the baking and the boys do most of the eating, but we all have a good time in the kitchen. The boys do try to help by making music with the measuring cups and they love whisking the dry ingredients together. Caleb and Maxwell are also my best taste testers. They always come running when it is time to lick the bowl and when the cookies come out of the oven.
Yesterday, we made Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies and the boys loved them! They gave them two thumbs up!
I am a sucker for all things sweet and salty. Why choose one when you can have both? These cookies have it ALL!
The chocolate chip cookies are pretty much perfection on their own, but they get even better after the salted caramel and pretzels are added in. Oh, and to bring out the salty kick even more I sprinkled the cookies with a little bit of sea salt. Cookie heaven!!!!!
I think I have a new favorite cookie…and my boys agree! The chocolate and caramel all over their faces said it all! And the fact that they both devoured two cookies. It was the weekend, we were all splurging:) And trust me, you won’t be able to stop at just one cookie. These Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies are amazing! Bake a batch today!
If you like these Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies, you might also like:
- Salted Caramel Cashew Banana Bread
- Salted Caramel Rice Krispies Treats
- Salted Caramel Butterscotch Blondies
- No Churn Salted Caramel Toffee Pretzel Ice Cream
- Salted Caramel Sauce
Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pretzels
- 18-20 caramels cut in half (I like to use Trader Joe's Fleur de Sel Caramels)
- Pretzel twists for pressing on cookies about 36
- Extra sea salt for sprinkling on cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together for about 3 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped pretzels.
- Form the cookie dough into balls, about 2 tablespoons of dough. Place a caramel piece in the center of the dough ball, making sure the cookie dough completely covers the caramel. This will prevent the caramel from oozing out in the oven. Place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Gently press a pretzel twist on top of each cookie. Sprinkle cookies with sea salt.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- Note-the cookies will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days.