One Pot Sausage Pasta with onion, garlic, red pepper, kale, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese. This easy one skillet dinner is a weeknight favorite!
This post is in partnership with DeLallo.
Do you plan out your meals for the week or are you a 5:00 I better figure out something to make for dinner kind of person? I am a planner, with everything in life, and I always plan out our weekly meals on the weekend. Caleb has been helping me ever since he started doing his meal charts and he is so good about remembering to plan out our meals on Saturday.
I am not perfect though. There are some weeks when I get super busy and don’t stick to the plan or I forget and have to scramble when the clock strikes 5:00 p.m. When that happens, I know I can always turn to this easy One Pot Sausage Pasta. It is one of my boys favorite meals and it comes together in no time.
One pot meals and one skillet meals are lifesavers. Add everything to one pot and voila dinner magically cooks itself. Ok, maybe not that easy, but close!
DeLallo pasta is also a lifesaver because we always have it in our pantry and everyone loves pasta nights! With this recipe, you don’t have to boil the pasta first, it cooks right in the pot with all of the other ingredients.
The boys especially love this one because it has sausage and lots of cheese. There is also kale and red peppers, but I don’t tell them about the veggies. Sometimes it is ok to keep secrets from your kids:) I love serving garlic bread on the side, more carbs are always a good idea:)
This easy one pot pasta recipe only takes 30 minutes to make so if you forgot to plan out your meal plan for the week, no problem! You can have this on the dinner table in no time! And if you are planning out your meals for the week, make sure you add this One Pot Sausage Pasta to the rotation. It is guaranteed to be a family favorite!
If you like this One Pot Sausage Pasta, you might also like:
- Easy Skillet Vegetable Lasagna
- Rigatoni with Sausage
- Baked Gnocchi with Sausage, Kale, and Pesto
- One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese
- 5-Ingredient Spinach Parmesan Pasta
One Pot Sausage Pasta
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo olive oil divided
- 1 pound sausage links cut into 1/2-inch thick slices (chicken or smoked sausage)
- ½ medium yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeds removed and diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 8 ounces DeLallo uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil for garnish
- Heat a large skillet or pot over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the sausage slices, onion, red pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until the onion and peppers are tender and the sausage is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and stir. Add in the chopped kale, diced tomatoes, basil, oregano, and fennel seed.
- Add in penne pasta and broth. Stir until combined. Cover with a lid and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until pasta is al dente. Remove lid, stir and add in the fresh mozzarella cheese. Stir and cook until cheese is melted. Top with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Serve warm.
- Note-we like to use our 10-inch cast iron skillet. If you don't have a lid for your pot or skillet, you can place a large baking sheet over the skillet/pot to cover. You can also use DeLallo's whole wheat or gluten free pasta in this recipe.
one pot pasta, pasta recipe