Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken-this easy crockpot Mexican chicken is perfect for making tacos, burritos, or salads. You can also serve it over rice or quinoa for a simple dinner.
I hope he’s not too tired because I am getting used to these easy and delicious slow cooker meals. Yeah, our slow cooker is a he, I checked:) We call him Simon. Anyways, I hope he’s not too tired because our boys are begging for more Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken. They LOVE this one!
You only need ten minutes to prepare this recipe. Can I get a YAHOO? Place everything in the slow cooker and walk away. Go to work, clean your house, play with the kiddos, watch Netflix, or take a nap. Do whatever you want.
Come back in a few hours and your dinner will be ready…and your family and friends will think you spent the day slaving over the stove.
The chicken is loaded with flavors: diced tomatoes, black beans, chicken broth, green chiles, onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and cumin.
Shred the chicken with two forks and serve however you like. The chicken is great served over cilantro lime rice or cilantro lime quinoa. You can also use the chicken to make tacos, burritos, salads, tostadas, or nachos! And don’t forget the toppings! My boys love adding shredded cheese, avocado, cilantro, and green onion.
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken is a dinner lifesaver! It is great for busy weeknights or for when you have company. It’s easy peasy and everyone loves it! Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 oz cans) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.4 oz) can chicken broth
- 1 (4 oz can) diced green chiles
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: chopped green onion, shredded cheese, avocado, cilantro, sour cream
- In a slow cooker, combine diced tomatoes, black beans, chicken broth, green chiles, onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and cumin. Add the chicken breasts.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours. When the chicken is cooked, remove from slow cooker and shred. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker and stir. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook for an additional 30 minutes to thicken. Serve over rice or cilantro lime quinoa.
- Note-you can also use the chicken to make tacos, burritos, salads, nachos, or tostadas.