This healthy Slow Cooker Turkey Chili is loaded with beans, veggies, and lean turkey. It’s the perfect meal for game day, a cold day, or any day! And the best part? The crockpot does most of the work. It’s such an easy and delicious recipe!
Crockpot Turkey Chili
One of Josh’s favorite post-ski meals is his Slow Cooker Turkey Chili. He throws all of the ingredients into the slow cooker before he heads up the mountain and when he comes home he has a hot bowl of chili waiting for him.
It’s the perfect meal for a cold day or really any day. It’s so easy to combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and let it simmer away all day.
We also like making it for game days or busy weeknights. It always hits the spot…and it’s even better with our easy cornbread on the side.
Healthy Turkey Chili
This chili recipe uses lean ground turkey, which is a healthier alternative to the typical beef or sausage chili. It also has black beans and red kidney beans. This chili is a protein powerhouse!
And I promise the chili isn’t lacking any flavor because it also has onion, tomatoes, peppers, corn, and lots of spices. You get a well-rounded meal in one bowl.
How to Make Turkey Chili
This is a REALLY simple recipe–you just have to brown the turkey, chop the onion and peppers, and toss everything into the slow cooker.
We use a 6-quart slow cooker and it works perfectly! The chili simmers away in the slow cooker all day, making our house smell so cozy. Our boys are always excited when they smell turkey chili. They know it’s going to be a good dinner!
This Slow Cooker Turkey Chili is also a great weeknight meal for cold nights. Prepare the chili in the morning and let the slow cooker do the work. After a busy day, it is nice to have a hot meal waiting for you!
What’s chili without toppings?! It’s the best part! Josh tops his with green onions and shredded cheddar cheese…yumm. Here are the toppings we’d suggest putting out!
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped green onions
- Avocado or Guacamole
- Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Jalapeño slices
More Chili Recipes
- Vegetarian Quinoa Chili
- Slow Cooker Beef Chili
- Dad’s Spicy Chili
- Smoky Bacon Chili
- Sweet Potato Chickpea Chili
- White Chicken Chili
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded, stemmed, and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 30 ounces tomato sauce
- 30 ounces petite diced tomatoes
- 30 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 30 ounces canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 ounce jar deli-sliced tamed jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: green onions, shredded cheese, avocado, sour cream/Greek yogurt
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place turkey in the skillet, and cook until brown. Pour turkey into slow cooker.
- Add the onion, peppers, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beans, jalapeños, corn, chili powder, and cumin. Stir and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Serve with toppings, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Photos updated by Growing Up Cali