On Sunday we had friends over to watch the football games. I made a big pot of chili and Josh made his favorite Queso Dip. Good food and football go hand in hand at our house:) Unfortunately, Josh’s team, the 49’ers, lost, but at least his Queso Dip was a winner. This easy cheese dip is perfect game day food. You really can’t go wrong with a big bowl of melted cheese and salty tortilla chips. Mmmmm!
There is nothing complicated about this Queso Dip. The dip takes 10 minutes tops to make, which makes it perfect for parties. You can reheat the cheese in the microwave, but if you are going to serve this Queso Dip at a party, I highly recommend you serve it in a crockpot so you don’t have to worry about heating it up again and again. The crockpot will keep the cheese melted and smooth. The dip isn’t spicy, but has a nice flavor. If you want a bit of a kick, you can add an additional jalapeño or a dash of hot sauce.
So I guess we are looking at a Patriots vs. Giants Super Bowl. Who will you be cheering for? I am still undecided. Josh is cheering for the Patriots, but I might have to root for the Giants to keep things interesting:) I do know we will be making this Queso Dip for the big game. It is a must for Super Bowl Sunday.
Make sure you add this Queso Dip to your Super Bowl party menu. It is sure to be a hit on game day!
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 10 minutes
- 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1 medium jalapeño diced
- 1 medium poblano pepper roasted and diced
- 10 ounces white American cheese shredded (find this cheese at the deli counter)
- 6 ounces Pepper Jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 Roma tomato seeds removed and diced
- Heat canola oil in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and jalapeño pepper until softened and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in the roasted poblano pepper. Add the shredded cheese and milk. Stir until mostly melted.
- Stir in the tomatoes and chopped cilantro. Serve with chips immediately.
- Note-if you plan on serving this at a party, you may want to serve it in a crockpot so the cheese stays melted.