Spring Vegetable Egg Casserole
Spring Vegetable Egg Casserole-this easy egg casserole is filled with spring vegetables, Havarti cheese, and feta cheese.
This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze, but our opinions are our own.
Sunday mornings are my favorite because it is the one day when I don’t wake up early to exercise or work. It is my “day off.” My boys rarely let me sleep in, but I still like to stay in my pj’s and relax. We usually snuggle in bed, watch cartoons, and make a special breakfast.
Yesterday, we made a Spring Vegetable Egg Casserole and it was the perfect breakfast for our lazy Sunday morning.
I love this egg casserole because it is super easy to make and it’s loaded with all of my favorite spring vegetables. It has asparagus, artichokes, broccoli, green onions, and spinach. Yay for green veggies!
I love using Almond Breeze Almondmilk Original shelf stable milk because I always have some in the pantry. There is no running to the grocery store last minute to get milk because I am always stocked up! And I love the new, one-step, easy open twist caps!
The casserole also has Havarti cheese AND feta cheese. Cheesy eggs with lots of veggies, my kind of breakfast, especially when it is so easy to make. The casserole is baked in one big pan! You can feed a crowd or reheat the leftovers.
Looking for an easy and delicious spring breakfast? Make this Spring Vegetable Egg Casserole. And you should probably add it to your Mother’s Day brunch menu right now. Mom will love this one!
If you like this Spring Vegetable Egg Casserole, you might also like:
Spring Vegetable Egg Casserole
This easy egg casserole is filled with spring vegetables, Havarti cheese, and feta cheese. Serve for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner!
Yield: Serves 10-12
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cups asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 6 cups packed fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 ounces shredded Havarti cheese
- 12 large eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze Original Almond Milk
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the asparagus, broccoli, spinach, and garlic. Cook for 4 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and spinach is wilted. Stir in the chopped artichoke hearts, basil, and half of the green onions. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Pour vegetable mixture into prepared pan and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the Havarti cheese evenly over the vegetables.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs and milk. Whisk well. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Pour egg mixture evenly over the veggies and cheese. Top with remaining green onions and crumbled feta cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are set and slightly golden around the edges. A knife inserted into the center should come out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm.
Note-this casserole reheats well and can be made a day in advance. You can omit the cheese if you are dairy-free!
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!