Strawberry Goat Cheese Guacamole-the goat cheese makes this goat cheese extra creamy! The strawberries add a nice sweet surprise too!
It is heating up and that means our food choices are cooling down. I want to eat watermelon for every single meal. I know the baby needs more than just watermelon all day long, so I whipped up the next best thing, guacamole! This time I put a twist on the classic guacamole and made Strawberry Goat Cheese Guacamole. Oh my, it is so good! I couldn’t stop dipping! And the best part? It is super easy to make and you don’t have to turn on your oven. It is a great summer snack, appetizer, or in my case, lunch!
We love using goat cheese to make creamy pasta dishes so I thought it would be a good addition to my guacamole too. I was right! The goat cheese makes the guacamole extra creamy. And don’t worry, I use pasteurized goat cheese so the guacamole is baby safe:)
I flavored the guacamole with the traditional ingredients: lime, cilantro, red onion, and jalapeño. I thought it needed a little something extra so I chopped up ripe strawberries and stirred them into the mix! Best decision ever! The strawberries add the perfect amount of sweetness and I love the pop of red color!
I love traditional guacamole, but sometimes it is nice to mix things up. If you are in the mood to try something new, jazz up your guacamole and make Strawberry Goat Cheese Guacamole! I know I will be making this recipe all summer long!
Here are a few other guacamole recipes you might like! You can never have too many guacamole recipes! Go get your guacamole on!
- Roasted Corn and Red Pepper Guacamole
- Mango and Cilantro Guacamole
- Pesto Guacamole
- Grilled Guacamole
- Edamame Guacamole
Strawberry Goat Cheese Guacamole
The goat cheese makes this guacamole extra creamy and the strawberries add nice sweetness! Serve with tortilla chips for a tasty snack or appetizer!
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 10 minutes
- 3 large ripe avocados
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 3/4 cup diced strawberries
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small jalapeno pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips for serving
- 1. Cut each avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin, and place the avocado flesh in a bowl. Smash avocado with a fork until desired consistency. Crumble in the goat cheese and stir until combined.
- 2. Add the strawberries, cilantro, red onion, jalapeño, lime juice, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.