Did everyone enjoy the holiday weekend? We sure did. We went hiking, relaxed at our friend’s pool, enjoyed dinner with friends, watched fireworks with the neighborhood, and got some things done around the house. We were busy the entire weekend. I need a day of rest now:) I was pretty tired last night, so I made an easy sweet corn salad for dinner.
During the summer, I could eat sweet corn for dinner every night. I just love it. I grew up in Illinois, where corn is plentiful and so good. I miss Illinois’s corn, but luckily, Utah’s sweet corn is tasty too. It is a little early for corn, but I found some at a local stand and gave it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. The corn was sweet, juicy, and so delicious in this salad. I added all of my favorite flavors-cilantro, lime, red pepper, tomatoes, and red onion. I sprinkled feta cheese on the top and we dug in.
If you are a sweet corn lover, like me, make this salad. It is a great way to enjoy summer’s fresh produce. You can serve it as a side dish to chicken, fish, or you can stir in black beans for added protein. It is also good with tortilla chips. Enjoy this recipe all summer long!
Sweet Corn Salad
- 3 ears sweet corn husks removed
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 small jalapeno diced, seeds removed
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Gently add the sweet corn to the boiling water. Cook 2-3 minutes. Remove from water and let cool. Once cool, remove the corn kernels with a knife. Discard the ears.
- 2. In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, red pepper, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno. Stir in the sweet corn. Add the lime juice and stir again. Sprinkle salad with feta cheese, salt, and pepper. Gently stir.
- 3. Serve cold.
- *Note-you can add black beans or serve this as a side salad to fish, chicken, or any meat. It is also good with tortilla chips.
If you like this corn salad, you might also like:
Black Bean Salsa from Two Peas and Their Pod
Black Bean and Sweet Corn Soup with Cilantro and Lime from Two Peas and Their Pod
Grilled Corn Salad from Simply Recipes
Chipotle Barbeque Bean and Corn Salad from Food Blogga