Fresh Corn Salad – this salad is light and refreshing, with a juicy pop of blueberry, cucumber crunch, and tons of flavor from cilantro, jalapeño, red onion, and honey lime dressing. Easy-to-make in advance or day of, this corn salad is perfect for summer parties.
Lazy Days and Summer Salads
The weather is perfect in Salt Lake City right now, which makes me want to lay on a blanket in the grass and do nothing else. Well, I do want to make summer recipes because the summer produce is SO good right now! I can’t get enough.
At the market, I picked up blueberries and sweet corn because they looked so good. I made one of my favorite simple summer salads for dinner – Blueberry Corn Salad. You guys have to try this fresh corn salad recipe. You might be thinking blueberries in corn salad? But YES, so much YES!
Fresh Corn Salad
This salad is light and refreshing. I love the pop of color and juiciness the blueberries add to the corn salad. The cucumbers also add a nice crunch. This fresh corn salad is full of flavor thanks to the cilantro, jalapeño, red onion, and honey lime dressing.
Pro tip, you don’t need to cook the sweet corn. Remove the corn kernels from the cob with a sharp knife and add the corn to the salad raw. It is juicy, sweet, and SO good! If you can’t find fresh corn, you can use frozen or drained canned corn, but fresh really is best for this corn salad recipe. When corn is in season, I make this salad all of the time! I can’t get enough!
Celebrate summer by making this Blueberry Corn Salad. It is simple to make and it can be made in advance which makes it perfect for summer bbq’s, picnics, and pool parties. It is the perfect side dish to any summer meal. I guarantee it will become a favorite summer salad with your family, just like it is with ours!
If you like this Corn Salad recipe, you might also like:
- Easy Pasta Salad
- Bacon, Corn, and Tomato Pasta Salad
- Watermelon Feta Salad
- Grilled Corn Guacamole
- Tomato Peach and Corn Salad
Blueberry Corn Salad
- 6 ears fresh sweet corn husked
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large pot, bring water to boiling. Add corn. Cook for 5 minutes, or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut corn from the cobs. Discard cobs.
- In a large serving bowl, combine corn, blueberries, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno. To make the dressing, whisk together lime juice, oil, honey, cumin, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over salad and stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Note-you can make this salad a day in advance. It keeps well.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod