Three Cheese Zucchini Drop Biscuits-these easy cheesy zucchini biscuits go great with any meal!
Are you wondering what to do with that big zucchini on your counter? Wonder no more! I am here to save the day! I said that in my best superhero voice:) Pick up that zucchini and make Three Cheese Zucchini Drop Biscuits.
Also, be sure to check out all my Favorite Zucchini Recipes for more ideas!
I usually go the sweet route when I bake with zucchini-cookies, brownies, cake, or bread, but this time I was feeling savory. I love a good biscuit and these cheesy zucchini biscuits are melt in your mouth good!
The biscuits are super easy to make because they are drop biscuits. You don’t have to roll out the dough or cut the biscuits, you just spoon them onto the baking sheet. They only take 12 minutes tops to bake too! And the cheese, oh the cheese! I used three kinds of cheese-cheddar, asiago, and parmesan. The triple threat of cheese with the zucchini inside a buttery biscuit-a real winner!
Put your zucchini to good use and make these easy Three Cheese Zucchini Drop Biscuits. They are so good right out of the oven and they go great with any meal!
Three Cheese Zucchini Drop Biscuits
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter for brushing biscuits
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Mix in cold butter with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in Cheddar cheese, Asiago cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Squeeze the grated zucchini in a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Stir into the mix. Add buttermilk and stir with a spatula until just combined.
- 3. Drop biscuit dough onto prepared baking sheet, about ¼ cup per biscuit. Brush biscuits with melted butter. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until biscuits are set and slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and serve warm.
- Note-you can use your favorite cheese. I like the combination of Cheddar, Asiago, and Parmesan, but feel free to mix it up!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Disclosure: This post is in partnership with the Dairy Council of Utah, but all of our opinions are our own. ”For more dairy & nutrition information visit: www.dairyutnv.com and to get to know more about your local dairy farmers visit www.thecowlocale.com.”