Chocolate Zucchini Coconut Cake
Chocolate Zucchini Coconut Cake-this decadent chocolate cake is made with zucchini, coconut, and topped with a sweet toasted coconut frosting! This cake is a MUST make for zucchini season!
It’s zucchini season and that means it’s my duty to bring you new zucchini recipes. I’ve shared a lot of zucchini recipes on our blog over the years, but I am always up for creating more! I love zucchini! It is one of my favorite vegetables. I especially love zucchini in this Chocolate Zucchini Coconut Cake. It is my new favorite zucchini recipe and a MUST make for zucchini season! If you like my classic chocolate zucchini cake, you will LOVE this one too!
I love making chocolate zucchini cupcakes. They are a favorite summer treat at our house when the zucchini is piling up. You can’t go wrong with chocolate and chocolate frosting, but this time I wanted to mix things up. I made a Chocolate Zucchini Coconut Cake. I love chocolate and coconut together, it is always a winning combo! And this cake is super easy because it is made in a 9×13 pan. It feeds a crowd and is perfect for summer parties!
The chocolate cake is super moist and decadent and I love the coconut frosting! Don’t skip it! It is the perfect finish to the rich, chocolaty cake! You might want to have a glass of milk nearby because this cake is rich, rich, rich. And if milk isn’t your thing, you can serve a scoop of my Coconut Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream on the side. You can never have too much chocolate or coconut!
Eating vegetables is important and eating chocolate cake is important…at least it is important in my book:) You can kill two birds with one stone by making this Chocolate Zucchini Coconut Cake! You get your veggies and your chocolate fix! Enjoy!
If you are looking for other zucchini recipes, check out these fabulous zucchini recipes! Happy zucchini season!
If you like this chocolate zucchini cake, you might also like:
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Brownies
Chocolate Zucchini Coconut Cake
Rich and decadent chocolate zucchini coconut cake topped with toasted coconut frosting! The BEST way to enjoy summer zucchini!
Yield: 1 9x13 cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
For the Cake:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
For the Coconut Frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut, for sprinkling cake
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a 9″ x 13″ pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, wnisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter, coconut oil, and sugar until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, beat until smooth. Add the Greek yogurt and mix until combined.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Fold in the zucchini, coconut, and chocolate chips. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake the cake for 40-45 minutes, until the top springs back lightly when touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove cake from oven and cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- While the cake is cooling, make the coconut frosting. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Gradually add the sugar and mix until creamy and smooth, about 3 minutes. Add in the coconut and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Frost the cooled cake with coconut frosting. Sprinkle toasted coconut over the top of the cake. Cut cake into pieces and serve.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!