This easy Cucumber Tomato Salad is made with tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, red onion, and basil. It is a great side dish to any summer meal.
Cucumber Tomato Salad
My summer staples include watermelon, sweet corn, peaches, ice cream, and this simple cucumber tomato salad. I can’t live without these foods during the hot summer months. I crave them and eat them just about every day! What are your summer staples?
I love this cucumber tomato salad because it EASY to make, like 15 minutes easy. Everyone has time to make this salad. No excuses!
And look how beautiful it is. This simple summer salad is a showstopper! Everyone will ooh and aah over it and you can practically make it with your eyes closed. Well, maybe open your eyes while you are handling the knife, I don’t want anyone to get hurt 😉
Cucumber Salad Ingredients
This is a great salad for using up the garden goodies. If you don’t have a garden, ask your neighbors to share or visit a local farmers market. This salad is made up of the best summer ingredients: cucumber, tomatoes, fresh basil, red onion, and avocado.
If you haven’t added avocado to your cucumber tomato salad, you have been missing out. The avocado is a major game changer. Avocado really does make everything better, including this cucumber salad!
I like to use a few different colors of tomatoes because it makes the salad extra pretty, but you can use any kind of tomatoes. Tomatoes are SO good right now, you can’t go wrong!
How to Make Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Prep your veggies! Chop tomatoes, cucumber, and red onion.
- Peel and dice avocado. Make sure you are using a ripe avocado.
- Roll the fresh basil into a tight bundle and chop it into small pieces.
- Combine everything in your favorite salad dish.
- Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and white balsamic vinegar. If you don’t have white balsamic vinegar, you can use regular balsamic vinegar, it will just turn the salad a little dark. It will still be tasty though!
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy! I told you it was easy.
How Long Does Cucumber Tomato Salad Last?
This salad is best the day it is made, but if you have leftovers, you can keep the salad in the fridge for up to 2 days. If you aren’t going to eat it right away or need to store it after, squeeze a little fresh lemon juice over the avocados to prevent them from browning. You can also wait to add the avocado until you are ready to serve to be safe!
Make this Tomato, Cucumber, and Avocado Salad a staple in your house this summer. It goes great with any meal. Enjoy!
More Cucumber Salad Recipes:
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Cucumber Avocado Salad
- Cucumber Quinoa Salad
- Cucumber Watermelon Salad
- Cucumber Chickpea Pita Salad
Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad
- 6 tomatoes, cut into wedges (I like to use red, yellow, and orange)
- 1 English cucumber, cut into slices and then halved
- 1 large avocado, pit removed, peeled, and chopped
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place the tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, and red onion in a large bowl. Sprinkle salad with fresh basil. Drizzle balsamic vinegar and olive oil over the salad. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod