Asian Cucumber Salad – this refreshing, simple cucumber salad is a great side dish for any meal.
Simple Dishes for the Win – Enter Cucumber Salad
We have been keeping our meals super simple because it is summertime and who wants to cook? I mean, I love cooking, but we are all about simple recipes during the summer. We have been eating a lot of salads, watermelon, and sweet corn. Oh, and tostadas for the boys! I have made this Asian Cucumber Salad a few times and I am in love. It is the perfect summer salad, you are going to love it!
Easy Yet Complex Cucumber Salad
This cucumber salad is perfect for summertime. It is cool, crisp, and so easy! Plus, it will help you use up your garden cucumbers. The salad is simple, but the flavors are not. You will be wowed by one bite!
The Asian flavors are amazing! For the salad, you need:
- rice wine vinegar
- sesame oil
- sesame seeds
- crushed red pepper
Slice the cucumbers thinly with a sharp knife. You can use garden cucumbers or store bought cucumbers.
Make sure you use fresh ginger, you can buy it in the produce section of any grocery store. I always keep ginger in the freezer so we have it on hand at all times. I use a mircoplane to grate the ginger. If you don’t have a microplane, you can finely chop it.
If you don’t like spicy, you can leave out the crushed red pepper flakes. There will still be plenty of flavor.
This easy cucumber salad goes great with any summer meal. We like to serve it with Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken in the summertime. You don’t have to heat up the house with the Instant Pot or this easy salad.
Make this easy and refreshing Asian Cucumber Salad today! It is sure to be a summer favorite!
If you like this easy cucumber salad, you might also like:
- Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad
- Cucumber Noodle, Watermelon and Feta Salad
- Cucumber, Chickpea, and Pita Salad
- Asian Cucumber Noodle Salad
Asian Cucumber Salad
- 2 English cucumbers thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- ⅓ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- Place the sliced cucumbers in a bowl and sprinkle with salt, to taste. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rice wine vinegar, granulated sugar, sesame oil, cilantro, scallions, garlic, and ginger. Drizzle the mixture over the cucumbers.
- Sprinkle salad with sesame seeds and crushed red pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod