Ultimate S’mores Cookies – I turned everyone’s favorite campfire treat into a gooey and delicious cookie! Graham cracker crumbs, chocolate, and marshmallows are all here in this decadent S’mores Cookie. All the flavor, no campfire required!
One of my all-time favorite summer flavor combinations is a classic s’mores. Crunchy graham cracker, melty chocolate, and gooey marshmallows? I can’t get enough!
I have incorporated this dynamic trio into so many recipes…Peanut Butter S’mores Bars, S’mores Puppy Chow, S’mores Skillet Cookie, S’mores Ice Cream Pie and more! I am obsessed with all things s’mores!
These S’mores Cookies are one of my all-time favorite s’mores creations. A combination of two classics: s’mores and chocolate chip cookies. The very best part is the melty marshmallow wrapped INSIDE the cookie dough! It’s a total campfire delight.
Table of Contents
Here’s what you need to make the ultimate s’mores cookies!
- All-purpose flour
- Graham cracker crumbs (easy to make at home)
- Baking powder and Baking soda
- Sea salt
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar and Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips (can use semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
- Graham Cracker Pieces (for stirring into the cookie dough)
- Large marshmallows (cut in half)
- Garnishes: Flaky sea salt, chopped Hershey’s candy bar, extra graham cracker pieces…just to finish your cookies off with a special touch!
How to Make Graham Cracker Crumbs
These cookies have graham cracker crumbs IN the cookie dough to give you the ultimate s’mores experience.
You can buy graham cracker crumbs at some stores, but they are easy to make! Just place the graham crackers in a food processor and pulse until they turn into fine crumbs.
If you don’t have a food processor, put the crackers in a large plastic bag and go over them with a rolling pin until they’re completely crumbled. The kids can help with this step!
Note, you will also need broke up graham crackers for stirring into the dough and for garnishing the cookies. You will love the graham flavor throughout the cookies.
How to Make S’mores Cookies
These cookies are so fun to make and to eat! Let’s get started!
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a medium bowl: flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Cream the butter and sugars together for about 1 minute in a stand mixer. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until it’s just combined.
- Turn your mixer down to low and slowly add in the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips and graham cracker pieces.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the cookie dough into the palm of your hand and gently flatten it. Place a marshmallow half into the center of the dough and work the dough around the marshmallow. It is ok if some of the marshmallow is isn’t covered on top of the cookie, but make sure the bottom is covered so the cookies don’t stick to the baking sheet.
- Chill the cookie dough balls for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat.
- Place the cookies on your baking sheet, keeping 2 inches between each cookie!
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 14 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. The centers will still be a little soft, but that’s okay! Remember, they’re filled with marshmallow!
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle each cookie with flaked sea salt. Let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- To make the cookies extra pretty, gently press a few chopped Hershey’s bar pieces and graham crackers into the tops of each cookie. Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely and then ENJOY!
How to Store
Store cooled cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the baked cookies for up to 2 months.
If you want to freeze the cookie dough, you certainly can. Form the cookie dough into balls and place on a baking sheet. Freeze until solid. Transfer to a freezer bag or container and freeze for up to 2 months. To bake frozen cookie dough balls, you don’t have to thaw the dough, just add a few minutes to the baking time.
More S’mores Recipes
- S’mores Puppy Chow
- Peanut Butter S’mores Bars
- S’mores Skillet Cookie
- S’mores Energy Bites
- S’mores Ice Cream Pie
Ultimate S’mores Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped or broken up graham crackers
- 16 Large marshmallows, cut in half crosswise
- Garnish: Flaked sea salt, chopped Hershey’s candy bar, extra graham cracker pieces
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together for about 1 minute. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips and graham cracker pieces.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the cookie dough and gently flatten it in the palm of your hand. Place a marshmallow half into the center of the dough. Use your hands to work the dough around the marshmallow so that the marshmallow is covered. It is ok if some marshmallow is showing on top, but make sure the bottom is covered so the cookies don't stick to the pan. Chill the cookie dough balls for 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- Place cookie dough balls on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies for 10 to 14 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown, but centers are still a little soft. Remove from oven and sprinkle each cookie with flaked sea salt.
- Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Gently press a few chopped Hershey’s bar pieces and graham cracker pieces into the tops of each cookie. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod