Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Muffins – hearty banana muffins with juicy strawberries! These banana muffins are perfect for breakfast or snack time!
Banana Muffins for the Kiddo
Caleb likes to help us in the kitchen. He already has his favorite spatula, whisk, and wooden spoon. He doesn’t like Josh or me to use them. They are HIS:) He always is happy to help us stir, whisk, and of course taste. Sometimes he makes a mess, but it is worth it. He is a great helper!
Last week we were putting away the groceries and he asked if we could make muffins. I am always looking for an excuse to bake, so I said sure! We just bought fresh strawberries from the store so I suggested we make Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Muffins. Caleb liked my idea so we got out the ingredients and got started. Caleb made sure he had his special kitchen tools:)
A Muffin Addiction
I love making muffins because they don’t take long to make! Plus, I love picking out cute paper liners. I kind of have an addiction. Our cabinet is overflowing with paper liners. I went with red this time since strawberries were involved in our whole wheat banana muffins. If you don’t have paper liners, you can grease the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Muffins make a great breakfast on the go and they are perfect for snack time. Muffins aren’t for just the morning, they are good all day long!
Strawberry Banana Muffins Look and Taste Great
Strawberry and banana is a classic combo. These flavors are so good in muffin form! The whole wheat banana muffins are soft, tender, and not overly sweet. The chopped juicy strawberries add the perfect amount of sweetness. I like to add a strawberry slice to the top of each banana muffin to make the muffins extra pretty. I also add a sprinkle of turbinado sugar on the banana muffins. I love the sugary crunch it adds!
Healthy Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
Caleb was excited to try his special and healthy little muffins. I unwrapped a whole wheat banana muffin for him with a strawberry on top, and he gobbled the whole thing right up. I enjoyed one too! We had a fun morning baking and eating these strawberry banana muffins together!
Make a batch of Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Muffins this weekend…and get your kids to help! I am sure they will have fun making these muffins…and I am positive they will enjoy eating them:)
If you like this easy muffin recipe, you might also like:
- Morning Glory Muffins
- Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
- Apple Zucchini Muffins
- Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Vegan Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Vegan Chocolate Banana Muffins
Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Muffins
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large ripe bananas 2 cups mashed
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup chopped strawberries
- Sliced strawberries for garnishing muffins, optional
- Turbinado sugar for sprinkling on muffins before baking, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Peel the bananas and mash with a fork. Place the mashed bananas in a large bowl. Add the brown sugar, coconut oil, egg, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Gently fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Fill muffin liners three-quarters full. Top each muffin with a strawberry slice, if desired. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar, if desired. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Store, covered, at room temperature.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod