Cilantro Lime Quinoa
Cinco de Mayo is tomorrow! Are you ready to P-A-R-T-Y? Today I am sharing an easy peasy recipe for Cilantro Lime Quinoa and our favorite Cinco de Mayo recipes.
The Cilantro Lime Quinoa is very similar to our Cilantro Lime Rice-we just swapped the rice for quinoa. Quinoa fans-you will love this recipe. The Cilantro Lime Quinoa goes great with any and every Mexican dish-enchiladas, burritos, fajitas, quesadillas, and tacos.
We cook the quinoa in vegetable broth for extra flavor. When it is finished cooking we add garlic, lime juice, cilantro, and a pinch of sugar. That is it! The quinoa has a nice flavor and is the perfect side dish to any Mexican meal. Add this Cilantro Lime Quinoa to your Cinco de Mayo party menu!
Here are a few of our other favorite Cinco de Mayo recipes:
- Restaurant Style Salsa
- Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips
- Black Bean Corn Salsa
- Pineapple Salsa
- Strawberry Mango Salsa
- Grilled Guacamole
- Grilled Nachos
- Queso Dip
- Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Chicken Fajita Soup
- Vegetarian Tortilla Soup
- Roasted Chickpea Fajitas
- Stacked Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas
- Stovetop Avocado Mac and Cheese
- Black Bean and Mango Tostadas
- Shrimp Tacos with Grilled Poblano Salsa
- Key Lime Tart
- Avocado Ice Cream
- Lime and Coconut Crumble Bars
- Chewy Lime and Coconut Sugar Cookies
- Coconut Lime Cupcakes
Happy Cinco de Mayo! We hope these recipes help you get your FIESTA on! Have fun!
Cilantro Lime Quinoa
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
This easy and flavorful Cilantro Lime Quinoa goes great with any Mexican meal.
2 cups vegetable broth
1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large pot, bring the 2 cups of vegetable broth to a boil. Stir in quinoa and cook until broth is evaporated and quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes. Pour quinoa into a medium bowl and fluff with a fork.
2. Stir in garlic, lime juice, cilantro, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve warm.