Cilantro Lime Quinoa
Cinco de Mayo is tomorrow! Are you ready to P-A-R-T-Y? Today I am sharing an easy peasy recipe for Cilantro Lime Quinoa and our favorite Cinco de Mayo recipes.
The Cilantro Lime Quinoa is very similar to our Cilantro Lime Rice-we just swapped the rice for quinoa. Quinoa fans-you will love this recipe. The Cilantro Lime Quinoa goes great with any and every Mexican dish-enchiladas, burritos, fajitas, quesadillas, and tacos.
We cook the quinoa in vegetable broth for extra flavor. When it is finished cooking we add garlic, lime juice, cilantro, and a pinch of sugar. That is it! The quinoa has a nice flavor and is the perfect side dish to any Mexican meal. Add this Cilantro Lime Quinoa to your Cinco de Mayo party menu!
Here are a few of our other favorite Cinco de Mayo recipes:
- Restaurant Style Salsa
- Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips
- Black Bean Corn Salsa
- Pineapple Salsa
- Strawberry Mango Salsa
- Grilled Guacamole
- Grilled Nachos
- Queso Dip
- Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Chicken Fajita Soup
- Vegetarian Tortilla Soup
- Roasted Chickpea Fajitas
- Stacked Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas
- Stovetop Avocado Mac and Cheese
- Black Bean and Mango Tostadas
- Shrimp Tacos with Grilled Poblano Salsa
- Key Lime Tart
- Avocado Ice Cream
- Lime and Coconut Crumble Bars
- Chewy Lime and Coconut Sugar Cookies
- Coconut Lime Cupcakes
Happy Cinco de Mayo! We hope these recipes help you get your FIESTA on! Have fun!
Cilantro Lime Quinoa
This easy and flavorful Cilantro Lime Quinoa goes great with any Mexican meal.
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
2 cups vegetable broth
1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large pot, combine the broth and quinoa. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and cook until broth is evaporated and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes, covered. Remove lid and fluff the quinoa with a fork.
2. Stir in garlic, lime juice, cilantro, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve warm.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!