Cilantro Lime Quinoa

Cinco de Mayo is tomorrow! Are you ready to P-A-R-T-Y? Today I am sharing an easy peasy recipe for Cilantro Lime Quinoa and our favorite Cinco de Mayo recipes.

The Cilantro Lime Quinoa is very similar to our Cilantro Lime Rice-we just swapped the rice for quinoa. Quinoa fans-you will love this recipe. The Cilantro Lime Quinoa goes great with any and every Mexican dish-enchiladas, burritos, fajitas, quesadillas, and tacos.

We cook the quinoa in vegetable broth for extra flavor. When it is finished cooking we add garlic, lime juice, cilantro, and a pinch of sugar. That is it! The quinoa has a nice flavor and is the perfect side dish to any Mexican meal. Add this Cilantro Lime Quinoa to your Cinco de Mayo party menu!

Here are a few of our other favorite Cinco de Mayo recipes:

Happy Cinco de Mayo! We hope these recipes help you get your FIESTA on! Have fun!

Cilantro Lime Quinoa

Yield: Serves 4

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 25 minutes

This easy and flavorful Cilantro Lime Quinoa goes great with any Mexican meal.

2 cups vegetable broth
1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
Salt and pepper, to taste

1. In a large pot, bring the 2 cups of vegetable broth to a boil. Stir in quinoa and cook until broth is evaporated and quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes. Pour quinoa into a medium bowl and fluff with a fork.

2. Stir in garlic, lime juice, cilantro, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve warm.

70 Responses to “Cilantro Lime Quinoa”

Chrissy — June 28, 2012 @ 6:25 pm

We normally use chicken broth when making our quinoa and did so when we made some lime-scented quinoa. Did the veggie broth bring out a good flavor in this recipe? We’ll have to try the little big of sugar next time, too!

2. Pingback: Recipes I’ve Tried Lately « The Jakemans :: Family Fun in North Carolina

Shut Up & Cook — August 2, 2012 @ 10:49 pm

Love this! I am a big fan of quinoa, but get tired of doing it the same way. I also adore cilantro, but it comes in such large bunches I often have a hard time using it all up. This is brilliant!!

4. Pingback: What do you do with cilantro? - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community Calorie Counters

5. Pingback: Quinoa: South of the Border Style | les (més)aventures

6. Pingback: Operation Pintrest – Cilantro Lime Quinoa « lipglosshippy

Megan — September 14, 2012 @ 2:51 pm

this was my first time making quinoa and it turned out excellent! I’m on a diet so I omitted the sugar and salt, I didn’t have any low sodium vegetable or chicken broth on hand so I just made it with water, even with these changes it still tasted great! Thanks for the great recipe, I’ll be adding this to my regular rotation :)

8. Pingback: Quinoa Fried Rice Recipe | Доставка еды в номер

Heather K. — October 31, 2012 @ 9:23 am

I made this last night as a side for jerk chicken. It was our first experience with quinoa. My husband & I both loved it and will definitely be having it again! Thanks for the recipe!

Treena — December 27, 2012 @ 4:33 pm

I don’t think that 1/4 t sugar is that high of an amount to this recipe when you consider the amount of servings. Also, I add cumin, and corn, black beans, diced red pepper, even maybe large diced shrimp. I love these flavours!

11. Pingback: Cilantro Lime Quinoa | sel et sucre

12. Pingback: Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas « Healthy Food, Happy Family

13. Pingback: Cilantro Lime Quinoa | mEat The Primals

Divya — March 25, 2013 @ 6:35 am

Recipe is great but if you add one hand full roasted crushed one time, peanuts it will be wow

15. Pingback: Friday Recipe: What To Do With All These Limes? | accordingtocarey.com

Jodi — May 19, 2013 @ 2:36 pm

What temperature do you cook the quinoa at? It say bring to boil, but it doesn’t say if you lower the temp after the initial boil. The first time I made this it turned out great. But I just made it again and the bottom burned. I stirred it several times and turned the heat down several time, ending on about medium (5).

Marie — August 1, 2013 @ 2:55 pm

I made this for dinner last night and it was delicious! Since I am really the only quinoa-eater in my family, I have enough left for a few meals! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!

18. Pingback: Monthly Grocery Budget and Meal Plan | A Healthy Slice of Life

19. Pingback: Crispy Black Bean Quinoa Burritos | Crispy Burrito Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

20. Pingback: Day Twenty One | Vegetarian Velo

21. Pingback: Day Twenty Two | Vegetarian Velo

22. Pingback: Day Twenty Four | Vegetarian Velo

Susan — October 4, 2013 @ 1:51 am

I love love cilantro and love quinoa and have no idea why I never thought to make something like this! Kudos, and I’m gonna do it this weekend. Thanks!

24. Pingback: Day Forty Nine | Vegetarian Velo

25. Pingback: 31 Healthy Recipes to Start 2014 | Two Peas & Their Pod

Courtney — January 9, 2014 @ 4:45 pm

I just made this recipe and i loved it! Thank you so much for sharing :)

27. Pingback: What’s Eatin’? #4 «