Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip

Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip on www.twopeasandtheirpod.com An easy and healthy dip!

Avocados and Greek yogurt (and cookies) are staples in my diet. I can’t live without them. I usually eat a yogurt in the morning or mix it in with my Green Smoothie. I love avocados in any form-guacamole grilled cheese sandwichavocado pasta,  salads, and even ice cream. I am an avocado fanatic! I combined my two favorites to make this Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip. This dip makes a great party appetizer or every day snack.

Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip Recipe on www.twopeasandtheirpod.com

This dip is so easy to make. I wonder why I don’t make it every day. Oh wait, I know why, it is because I have no self control and would eat the entire bowl all by myself, plus the giant bag of pita chips. We always buy the huge bag of pita chips at Costco or Sam’s Club-we have to because it is a good deal, right? Just like I have to keep eating them until they are gone:) There really should be an addiction warning label on the bag!

Anyways, to make the dip I combined plain Chobani Greek yogurt, avocados, garlic, cilantro, lime, and ground cumin in our Blendtec blender and mixed until smooth. I seasoned it with salt and pepper, grabbed my pita chips, and got dipping. This dip is also great with tortilla tips, cut up veggies, or even great as a sandwich spread. The dip tastes similar to guacamole, but really creamy and really, really delicious! And the dip is green so it is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day next week! You don’t even have to get out the green food coloring:)

I hope you enjoy this Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip as much as I do. It is one of my favorite healthy dips to make and eat!

Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip on www.twopeasandtheirpod.com Great for parties or snack time!

Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip

Yield: Serves 4

This healthy Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip is simple to make and is great for parties or snack time. Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, or cut up vegetables.

1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt (I use Chobani)
2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Pita chips, tortilla chips, cut up veggies-for serving

1. Place the yogurt, avocados, garlic, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, and cumin in a blender or food processor. Mix until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

2. Scrape dip into a serving bowl and serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, or cut up veggies.

If you like this Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip, you might also like:

208 Responses to “Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip”

Nicole, RD — March 11, 2012 @ 12:29 pm

I’m right there with you – I LOVE avocados! After the grilled cheese (!!!) and ice cream (!!), I am making this!

2. Pingback: Black Bean Veggie Burgers | Pattie Runs

JaimeG — March 12, 2012 @ 2:09 pm

I’m a nurse and I made this over the weekend for my co-workers (and Me) and it was so good! Tangy, creamy and healthy. Definitely the perfect way to end a long 36 hour weekend together at the hospital, and I didn’t feel so bad putting it out since it contains some protein and healthy fats. Thank you!

• Two Peas replied: — March 12th, 2012 @ 2:30 pm

Glad you and your co-workers enjoyed the dip!

Kristina Vanni — March 12, 2012 @ 3:05 pm

I cannot get enough avocados at this time of year! What a great new way of eating them!

I love avocados – I just wish I lived somewhere where they were a little more reasonably priced for a longer portion of the year! I also have an issue not eating an entire batch of dip by myself in one sitting…it’s a problem.

This dip could be used in so many ways…I’ll try it soon…thanks for sharing:)

Sarah — March 13, 2012 @ 10:09 pm

I made this today and really liked it – thanks! The only change I’ll make next time is adding another avocado because there was more yogurt taste than avocado taste, but then again, I used smallish avocados. Yum.

8. Pingback: Creamy Avocado and Yogurt Dip

kari — March 14, 2012 @ 6:18 pm

wow, well we are 3 for 3 with your recipes!! yesterday i made the lemon orzo salad and stuffed portobello’s… today, the creamy yogurt avocado dip!
    this dip was AMAZING!! perfect balance of everything creamy! the only thing i would change next time, is that i will make a double batch!!!

I love your recipes!! So glad that I came across this website!

;)

10. Pingback: » Feeling Lucky? Eat, Spin, Run, Repeat

11. Pingback: i’m so predictable — sarah learns

The Healthy Apple — March 16, 2012 @ 10:07 pm

This looks fabulous. Such a perfect recipe for Green Day tomorrow! Thank you for sharing; your recipes always look incredible and you both do such a great job with your photography, as well. Just found out you’ll be at the Dole Conference, too and I’m so excited to meet you!
    Have a great weekend.

• Two Peas replied: — March 16th, 2012 @ 10:48 pm

Oh fun! We look forward to meeting you too!

Erin — March 19, 2012 @ 4:08 pm

I made this, this past weekend and it was delicious!! I added some hot sauce to mine. thanks for sharing this recipe!

Erin

14. Pingback: Healthy Eating Blogs | I Think I Can Fitness

j3nn — March 25, 2012 @ 1:40 pm

YUM! I love mixing yogurt with avocado to stretch out the yumminess. So good!

Lori — March 25, 2012 @ 3:46 pm

There is an avocado in my kitchen that was just waiting for something like this! :) It sounds so good!

Anne — March 25, 2012 @ 4:47 pm

Just made this and it’s so good. I think I’ll try it with quesadillas next. YUM!!

18. Pingback: The smell of freshly cut grass in the morning… | Sleep and Repeat

Karla — March 31, 2012 @ 3:36 pm

Yum! Definitely giving this a try today :) Love all your recipes!

kate — April 8, 2012 @ 2:37 pm

Sounds amazing!! I love how this is a healthier dip – they aren’t that easy to come by!

Jen — April 12, 2012 @ 12:04 pm

Yummy! That sounds so amazing!

Sweet Maria, I made this today for Summer’s 5th birthday party. It was a huge hit. Absolutely delicious!! Thank you for yet another amazing recipe.

michelle hyde — April 19, 2012 @ 11:21 am

I made the creamy avocado dip, very good. I live in south Texas and cumin and jalapeno are staples in my kitchen. I make lots of guacamole, but this is the first time i have used yogurt with my avocado. Thanks for sharing.

Laura — April 26, 2012 @ 8:29 am

I have made theis several times in the last couple of months! LOVE this recipe and it is always a big hit!!

Jen — May 4, 2012 @ 10:39 am

I made this for work today and it is almost gone…and it is not even 10am!!!! The only think I changed was I only used 1/3 cup Greek yogurt. Thanks for the recipe!!!

Carol — June 17, 2012 @ 12:48 pm

This is a fabulous dressing for taco salad!! I make mine with extra lean ground turkey and lots of fresh tomatoes and diced peppers. YUM! (and healthy!)

Christy — June 17, 2012 @ 3:45 pm

This is totally fantastic!!!! I’m having some right now with carrots and I must say, I’ll never long for Ranch dressing again!!!

28. Pingback: Recipe Round up – June 18, 2012 « A Merry Journey

Sarah — June 19, 2012 @ 4:30 pm

I just made this dip with dannon vanilla yogurt and it’s very good! It has a little sweetness to it that I like.

30. Pingback: Confession « The FFIT Life

Sheila — June 20, 2012 @ 11:59 am

Just made this and it is really really awesome!!!

Alicia — June 20, 2012 @ 2:46 pm

made it and it is delish!… I have a question; how much time will it last in the fridge??

Geetha — June 20, 2012 @ 3:34 pm

i was looking for a simple yet delicious avocado dip…this receipe was mind blowing and very simple to make it in 5 mins & tasted so yummy. Thanks :)

34. Pingback: Concert in the Park « emaoin

Krista — June 21, 2012 @ 6:56 pm

Made this about fifteen minutes ago and LOVE it. So quick, easy, and, most importantly, DELICIOUS. Thank you! :)

• Two Peas replied: — June 21st, 2012 @ 10:32 pm

You are welcome! It’s one of my favorite dips!

Christie — June 28, 2012 @ 7:15 pm

Do you know how long it will last in the fridge? (if I manage to not eat it all of course) Could I make it today for a gathering tomorrow night or is it best when it’s fresh?

37. Pingback: Quick and Healthy Series – Chipotle Turkey Tacos with Avocado Creme « Delectable Endeavors

38. Pingback: Microwave Potato Chips . . . Crunchy, Healthy Perfection! | One Good Thing by Jillee

Marixi — July 1, 2012 @ 11:23 pm

This looks really good. I’ll definitely give this a try.
    Hey, have you ever tried an avocado smoothie? They’re delicious and creamy, and really good when you’re eating spicy food. It cools the palate.

• Two Peas replied: — July 1st, 2012 @ 11:26 pm

Yes, I love avocado smoothies!

Jenn — July 3, 2012 @ 11:00 pm

Loves great! I will be making this tomorrow…does it brown easily?? Wondering how early I can prepare it ahead of time.