Grilled Chicken Fajita Kabobs & A Giveaway
I can’t believe summer is almost over. I am always sad to see it go, but we are going to celebrate this weekend with one final BBQ. Make the most of the long holiday weekend by getting out the grill and making Grilled Chicken Fajita Kabobs. This easy recipe is perfect for Labor Day weekend!
We love making kabobs because you can prepare them in advance and throw them on the grill when you are ready. These Grilled Chicken Fajita Kabobs have a spicy marinade that is easy to make. The onion and red, yellow, and green bell peppers add great color and flavor to the kabobs.
We like to serve this chicken kabob recipe with Bush’s Beans Sweet Mesquite Grillin’ Beans, black beans simmered with onions and red peppers in a sweet and smoky sauce.
Enjoy the final days of summer by making these Grilled Chicken Fajita Kabobs! We hope you have a happy and safe Labor Day weekend!
And to celebrate the holiday weekend, we have a fun giveaway for you!
The giveaway is now closed. The winner is Melissa @Kids in the Sink (#84). Congratulations! Thanks to everyone who entered!
The giveaway prize includes:
- Cast Iron Skewers, set of 6
- LED Triple Grill Light
- Barbecue Spatula
- Barbecue Fork
- Barbecue Basting Brush
- Bush’s Grillin’ Beans
To enter to win:
On this post, please submit the name of a grilled chicken, steak or chops recipe and favorite flavor of BUSH’S Grillin’ Beans you’d serve with recipe along with a one sentence description of recipe or one sentence why you chose it (e.g., it is a recipe I’ve served at family cookouts for 10 years)
The giveaway is open until Tuesday, September 4th at 11:59 p.m. MST. The giveaway is only open to U.S. residents. Be sure a valid email address is included with your comment. Winner will be chosen randomly and announced on this post. We will email the winner and if the winner doesn’t respond in 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen. Good luck!
Grilled Chicken Fajita Kabobs
Yield: Serves 4
Chicken fajitas on the grill-perfect for any summer meal!
For the Fajita Marinade:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
For the Kabobs:
1 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
1 red onion, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
1 red pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
1 yellow pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
1 green pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
2. Place the chicken in Ziploc bag with the fajita marinade. Seal the bag and make sure all of the chicken pieces are well coated. Place the bag in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
3. When ready to cook, preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Thread marinated chicken, onion, and peppers onto skewers. Discard leftover marinade.
4. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the kabobs on the grill, cover, and cook until the chicken is opaque throughout, about 8-12 minutes, turning once or twice during cooking. Transfer to a warmed platter and serve immediately.
Note-if using wooden skewers soak them in water 20 minutes before using.
Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Bush’s Beans, but our opinions are our own.