Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars on twopeasandtheirpod.com #recipe #pumpkin

Things are going well at our house. We love being parents. We are a little tired, but we can’t complain. Our little pea let us get six hours of sleep on Saturday night. He is a really good baby. We are loving every minute with him. My dad is visiting this week to help us out, which will be nice.

I made a bunch of recipes before the baby arrived and will still be posting recipes on my regular schedule, so please come visit us:) We are slowly making our way back into the kitchen. After we made the Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes, we still had pumpkin to use up, so I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars. They are easy to make and the perfect fall dessert.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars on twopeasandtheirpod.com #recipe

These bars are a staple in our house. I look forward to them every fall. You can’t go wrong with pumpkin and chocolate together and these bars are dotted with chocolate chips. The pumpkin bars are soft, moist, and have a cakey texture. The bars are plenty rich due to the chocolate chips, so you don’t need to frost the bars. They are perfect for dessert or snack time. If you like pumpkin, I bet you will be making this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bar recipe over and over this fall.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars on twopeasandtheirpod.com Everyone loves this recipe!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars

Yield: 24 bars

Cook Time: 35-40 minutes

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon pumpkin-pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking pan and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

2. With a stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth; beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Add pumpkin puree and mix well. The mixture will look somewhat curdled. Reduce speed to low, and mix in dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.

3. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake bars for 35-40 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached.

4. Cool bars completely in pan. Cut into squares and serve.

Recipe from Martha Stewart

If you like these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars, you might also like:

Yum Pin It

188 Responses to “Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars”

1. Two Peas — November 9, 2011 @ 12:37 am

You are welcome! Glad you enjoyed the gluten free version!

2. Pingback: » pumpkin chocolate chip bars Table for Two

3. Pingback: Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookie Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

4. Jade — November 20, 2011 @ 1:02 pm

I’ve been in a bit of a pumpkin craze this month and have tried many different recipes – this is definitely one of the best ones. The pumpkin and chocolate combination make a de-LICIOUS match!

5. Pingback: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars – Tracy Carolyn

6. These look scrumptious…..wish I had pumpkin to make thes right now! Glad I found your blog through Make and Takes!

7. Pingback: Easy Chocolate Chip Bars

8. Pingback: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars « Take a Bite out of Life

9. Phi — December 4, 2011 @ 6:53 pm

I made these bars and they were absolutely delish! Thanks!

10. Pingback: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars « sweetphi

11. Pingback: All is quiet « Hoy

12. Pingback: What I’m Loving Now | Thoughts from In Between

13. Pingback: 50 Pumpkin Recipes for Fall | Pumpkin Recipes | Two Peas & Their Pod

14. Pingback: gluten free vegan pumpkin chocolate cupcakes

15. Catherine — September 22, 2012 @ 12:42 am

Thanks so much for posting this recipe! Looks delicious. Can’t wait to try it out

16. Catherine Nevery — September 24, 2012 @ 1:12 am

Delicious looking recipe! I’m going to be baking these sometime this week :)

I just recently started a blog, and I would love if everyone could take a look. Would be greatly appreciated!

Enjoy your day/night

17. Pingback: it’s fall! – – – 20 pumpkin ideas… | lover of the rad and fab

18. Pingback: Autumn at Hogwarts « Muggle Food

19. Pingback: Tasty Tuesday – Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Bars | Hoping in God

20. Pingback: Thanksgiving Recipe Round-Up

21. Pingback: Whole Wheat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars – Cardio and Cocktails

22. Pingback: WIAW #11 Making Real Food at Last | California Endless Summer

23. Kerisa — October 24, 2012 @ 6:09 pm

These look great! So, do you think you could use the pumpkin pie filling and omit the pumpkin pie spice?

24. Two Peas — October 24, 2012 @ 10:56 pm

I haven’t tried the recipe with pumpkin pie filling, only pumpkin puree.

25. R — October 25, 2012 @ 7:40 pm

These are a favorite fall treat at our house! Even my husband, who claims to hate pumpkin things, LOVES these bars. We’ve made this recipe many, many times with loads of compliments from many. Thank you for bringing these into our lives! Also, wanted to mention that I like to make them with milk chocolate chips. Yum!

26. Positivelylisak — November 3, 2012 @ 10:05 pm

These bars are so stinking good! Made them twice already and can’t wait to make them again. Thanks for the recipe!

27. Anna — November 4, 2012 @ 4:48 pm

Made these this weekend. Perfectly simple recipe. Everyone loved them! Thanks for sharing!!

28. Pingback: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars | Script. Bake. Run.

29. Pingback: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars | Little Red Delicious

30. Pingback: Giving thanks, with dessert. | ginger&jam

31. Pingback: My Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes | Morgan Meade

32. Pingback: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake Bars | chocolate & carrots

33. Pingback: Two Peas and Their Pod: Pumpkin Recipes Galore! : Thermador Home Appliance Blog

34. Pingback: 50 Fabulous Fall Treats! | Six Sisters' Stuff

35. Pingback: A Dose of Fall Comfort Food: Butternut Squash + Apple Soup plus 5 Must Try Fall Desserts | cups + spoonfuls

36. Pingback: Five on Friday! | Harper and Will

37. Pingback: WELCOME! | Elegant Pumpkin Patch

38. Kim in RI — October 2, 2013 @ 10:38 am

Made these for the first time last night – soooo good! thank you for sharing this recipe and thank Kevin and Amanda for posting it on facebook yesterday! :-)

39. Tara — October 7, 2013 @ 2:25 pm

I made these for a BBQ and a meeting and they were delicious! They were so gooey in the center that I thought I undercooked them, but I think they were supposed to be like that? I recommend covering with foil for the first half of baking so they don’t get too dark on top. Everyone said they loved them!

40. sarah — October 18, 2013 @ 5:12 pm

thanks so much for the yummy recipe! I made it today and substituted half a cup of butter for half a cup of applesauce. I’ve only ever substituted once before with applesauce, so I wasn’t brave enough to use just applesauce. I don’t know if it changes the consistency, but everything was still quite tasty.