Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie-a giant soft and gooey chocolate chip cookie that gets baked in a skillet! This easy dessert is a family favorite, especially when served warm with ice cream!
Today is a special day! It is Maxwell’s first birthday! I can’t believe our baby is ONE! I know birthdays are supposed to be happy days, but I am a little sad. My baby is growing up too quickly! To keep the tears from flowing, I am going to focus on the birthday celebration and that includes a Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie.
We aren’t big on birthday cakes at our house, we prefer to party with cookies, and one of our favorite desserts is this Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie. You can’t go wrong with a giant cookie, especially when you serve it warm with a big scoop of ice cream!
This is probably one of the easiest desserts I make and it is always a hit! You don’t have to scoop out individual cookies, you just press all of the dough into a skillet. Easy peasy!
I added sprinkles to the dough because this cookie was for a birthday celebration and we needed a pop of FUN! All kids like sprinkles, heck, all adults like sprinkles. If they tell you they don’t, they are lying:)
I slightly under bake the cookie so it is soft and gooey. I highly recommend you serve the cookie warm with ice cream too! The ice cream will melt into the warm cookie and you will most likely faint because you won’t be able to stand the dessert goodness!
So what did the birthday boy think of his special treat? He LOVED it!
He didn’t wait for a fork, he dove right in, face first:) Smart kid!
Celebrate with us and enjoy a Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie! Maxwell insists:)
Happy Birthday Maxwell! We love you!
Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
This giant soft and gooey chocolate chip cookie is easy to make and always a favorite! Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!
Yield: Serves 8
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-22 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg and 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sprinkles, if desired
- Sea salt, for sprinkling before baking, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 12-inch cast iron skillet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Stir until smooth. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Stir until flour disappears. Stir in the chocolate chips and sprinkles, if using.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared cast iron skillet. Sprinkle the top with a little sea salt, if desired. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Don’t over bake, you want the cookie to be slightly gooey. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire cooling rack for 10-15 minutes. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Note-you can use a 10-inch skillet or pie plate. The cookie will be a thicker so you will have to bake it a little longer.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Follow us on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!