Christmas is right around the corner and I haven’t stopped baking yet. I am having way too much fun in the kitchen. I love this time of year and the sugar rush keeps me going:) Almond cookies with dried cranberries and white chocolate are my latest cookie creation. All of the flavors in this cookie come together to create the perfect Christmas cookie.
If you love almond flavored treats, you will fall in love with these cookies. The almond paste and almond extract give these cookies a nice almond flavor. The almond paste also keeps the cookies soft and chewy. I stirred in dried cranberries and white chocolate chips to add sweetness and holiday cheer.
If you are looking for one more cookie to add to your holiday cookie platter, try almond cookies with dried cranberries and white chocolate.
A few of my other favorite holiday cookies include:
Ok, I better stop there. I have too many favorites. If you are looking for additional cookie recipes, check out all of our cookie recipes. There are a lot of good ones:)
Almond Cookies with Cranberries & White Chocolate
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 ounces almond paste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about two minutes. Add the almond paste in pieces and mix until well combined. Add in eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla and almond extracts and mix until smooth.
- 4. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chips. Scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet with a medium cookie scoop. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown around the outside. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod