Almond Joy Energy Balls-chocolate, coconut, and almond come together to create a delicious and nutritious bite-sized snack! If you love Almond Joy candy bars, you will love these healthy little energy bites!
Almond Joy Energy Balls
I love a good energy ball…or energy bite, protein ball, power ball, protein popper, whatever you want to call these bite-sized little treats! I make them ALL of the time, my chocolate peanut butter and pumpkin energy balls are two favorites. I love trying new flavors all of the time and my current favorite flavor is Almond Joy.
To be honest, I was never an Almond Joy fan when I was a kid. If I got an Almond Joy candy bar in my Halloween candy, I BEGGED my brother and sister to trade me for Reese’s or Twix. I just wasn’t a fan. Now, I LOVE chocolate, almond, and coconut together. The combo is amazing! I still don’t eat the candy bars, instead I make Almond Joy Energy Balls, they are MUCH better than the candy bar.
How to Make Almond Joy Energy Balls
I love making energy balls because they only take about 10 minutes to make, from start to finish! They are one of my favorite treats, especially after lunch time. I am always wanting something a little sweet and my energy balls cure my sweet tooth every single time.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the oats, coconut, cocoa powder, flaxseed, chia seeds, salt, almond butter, honey, and vanilla.
- You can use sweetened or unsweetened coconut.
- If you want to boost the protein, you can add 1 tablespoon of your favorite chocolate protein powder. I love this brand.
- Mix on low with the beater blade until well combined. If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can use a bowl and spatula or wooden spoon to make the energy balls.
- Stir in the almonds and chocolate chips. You can use regular or mini chocolate chips. I like Enjoy Life chocolate chips or Guittard.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, about 1 to 2 tablespoons per ball.
How to Store
Place the energy balls in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. You can also freeze energy balls. Place in a freezer container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
Energy balls are the perfect grab and go treat! I always like to have them in the fridge or freezer. I love them and the kids love them!
More Energy Ball Recipes:
- Pumpkin Energy Balls
- Trail Mix Energy Balls
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Blueberry Coconut Energy Bites
- S’mores Energy Bites
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Energy Bites
Almond Joy Energy Balls
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the oats, coconut, cocoa powder, flaxseed, chia seeds, salt, almond butter, honey, and vanilla. Mix on low with the beater blade until well combined. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Stir in the almonds and chocolate chips.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, about 1 to 2 tablespoons per ball. Place in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod