Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls are the perfect Healthy no-bake snack or treat! The chocolate peanut butter combo is amazing and they only take 10 minutes to make!
Easy Healthy Snack
I am a snacker, especially around 3:00 in the afternoon, I always NEED a pick me up. I try to keep my 3:00 snack attack on the healthy side and a few of my favorites include: apple slices with peanut butter, a rice cake with almond butter, veggies and hummus, or these chocolate peanut butter energy balls. I really love these chocolate peanut butter energy balls because they take care of my sweet and salty cravings.
Chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven.Peanut butter cups are my favorite, but I probably shouldn’t be eating them every day and that is why I love these chocolate peanut butter energy balls so much. They taste similar to a peanut butter cup, but they are a healthy snack! You can enjoy them for breakfast, on the go, at 3:00 p.m. when you NEED a snack, or late at night when you are craving something sweet! They are the perfect healthy snack for anytime of the day! Major win!
Ingredients to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
For this energy ball recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Oats-I use old-fashioned rolled oats. If you need the energy balls to be gluten-free, use gluten-free oats.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder-make sure you use unsweetened cocoa powder and not hot cocoa mix or other cocoa that has been sweetened.
- Flaxseed meal-you can find flaxseed meal at almost every grocery store. Make sure you buy flaxseed meal or ground flaxseed and not the seeds. Flaxseed meal adds fiber, healthy fats, and protein.
- Chia seeds-I love adding chia seeds for a nutritional boost. Chia seeds are a great source of antioxidants, fiber, protein, and healthy fats.
- Salt-Don’t forget a little bit of salt to enhance the sweet and salty combo! I like to use kosher or sea salt.
- Peanut Butter-I use creamy peanut butter. You can use natural peanut butter, make sure it is stirred really well before you add it to the other ingredients.
- Honey-I sweeten the energy balls with honey. You can also use pure maple syrup, but I like the flavor of honey better in this recipe.
- Mini chocolate chips-I add 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips to bring out the chocolate flavor. You can leave them out if you wish. I love using Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips because they are allergy free and taste amazing!
Easy Energy Balls
You only need 10 minutes and 8 simple ingredients to make these easy energy balls. And guess what? They are no-bake! That’s right, you don’t have to turn on your oven, making them a great summer treat when it’s hot outside or anytime because they are SO good and easy! Plus, these healthy energy balls are packed with protein, healthy fats, and fiber. They will keep you full and cure your sweet and salty cravings! I love keeping them in our refrigerator at all times. They will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks and you can freeze them. I think they are really good frozen too! Freeze for up to 2 months!
The next time you need a pick me up, make these healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls! They are one of my favorite healthy treats!
More Energy Ball Recipes:
- Trail Mix Energy Balls
- Pumpkin Energy Balls
- Blueberry Coconut Energy Bites
- No-Bake Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Energy Bites
- S’mores Energy Bites
- No-Bake Berry Energy Bites
Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls Are The Perfect Healthy No-Bake Snack! They Only Take 10 Minutes to Make and Taste Like A Peanut Butter Cup!
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 10 minutes
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the oats, cocoa powder, flaxseed, chia seeds, salt, peanut butter, honey, and vanilla. Mix on low with the beater blade until well combined. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl if necessary.
Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
Roll the mixture into small balls, about 1 to 2 tablespoons per ball. Place in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
If you don't have a stand mixer, you can use a bowl and wooden spoon to make the energy balls. You can also freeze the energy balls for up to 2 months. Keep in a freezer bag or container in the freezer.
energy balls, energy bites