Apple, Grape, and Candied Pecan Salad with Maple-Mustard Dressing-this simple salad goes great with any meal or is even delicious enough to be a meal!
I am on a salad kick, which is probably a good thing since cookie month is right around the corner. I hope all of my salads will balance out the dozens of Christmas cookies I will eat next month. I am planning ahead:)
One of my go to salads is this Apple, Grape, and Candied Pecan Salad with Maple-Mustard Dressing. It always hits the spot and goes great with any meal…and sometimes it is my meal!
I can’t decide what my favorite part of this salad is. I love the juicy grapes, the crisp apples, the sweet and crunchy pecans, the creamy blue cheese, and the simple maple-mustard dressing. And the mixed greens are good too because they make me feel healthy. Remember, I am eating healthy so I can eat cookies all day, every day next month:)
I guess I just love everything about this salad. All of the flavors combined create one amazing salad! I could eat this salad every day and never get tired of it.
If you are looking for a new salad recipe, give my Apple, Grape, and Candied Pecan Salad with Maple-Mustard Dressing a try! I think it would be a fabulous addition to your Thanksgiving menu. And I bet if you make it for Thanksgiving your friends and family will beg you to make it for Christmas too. Everyone loves this salad!
And don’t skip the candied pecans! They really make this salad special. You can find my easy recipe here! Just make sure you save some for the salad. It is easy to eat them by the handful until they are all gone. Not that I would know:)
If you like this salad recipe, you might also like:
- Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad with Butternut Squash, Pomegranate, and Candied Pecans
- Chopped Brussels Sprouts with Dried Cranberries, Pecans, and Blue Cheese
- Kale Salad with Citrus, Avocado, and Feta
- Spinach Quinoa Salad with Roasted Grapes, Pears, and Almonds
Apple, Grape, and Candied Pecan Salad with Maple-Mustard Dressing
For the Maple-Mustard Dressing:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely minced shallot
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Salt and black pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 6-8 cups mixed greens loosely packed
- 1 large Granny Smith apple cored and thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups halved red seedless grapes
- 1 cup candied pecans
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. To make the Maple-Dressing, combine olive oil, shallot, garlic, mustard, vinegar, and maple syrup in a small bowl. Whisk together and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- 2. In a large bowl combine salad greens, apple slices, grapes, candied pecans, and blue cheese. Drizzle salad with dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- Note-if you aren't a blue cheese fan, you can use feta or goat cheese!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod