Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges – these easy baked potato wedges are our favorite fries! They are crispy, cheesy, garlicky, salty, and perfect for dipping in ketchup or your favorite sauces!
Favorite Potato Wedges
I usually crave sweets more than salty foods, but put a plate of hot French fries in front of me and I will have a hard time resisting one or two…or a big handful.
Our boys looooooove French fries. Put a plate of fries in front of them and they won’t make a peep. They will devour them and have ketchup all over their cute little faces.
Our favorite fries are these Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges. They are baked in the oven, not fried, but you will never know it because they are SO good!
The Secret to Crispy Potato Wedges
I love these potato wedges because they are baked, but still crispy! The secret? We soak the potato wedges in ice water for 30 minutes before putting them into the oven. I know it sounds kind of crazy to put the potato wedges in water to make them more crispy, because you think it would make them soggy, but nope! Soaking them in water removes excess potato starch and makes the potato wedges extra crispy!
Baked Potato Wedges
When the potato wedges are done soaking, we toss them with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, and grated Parmesan cheese. The, season with salt and pepper and go ahead and bake the potato wedges at 425 degrees until crispy!
When the potato wedges come out of the oven, I dress them up with a little freshly chopped parsley. Serve warm and dip in your favorite sauces!
Dip Potato Wedges in Fry Sauce
Our boys love ketchup and fry sauce. If you don’t live in Utah, you are probably wondering what in the world is “fry sauce?” Fry Sauce is a mixture of ketchup and mayo! I don’t get the obsession, but most Utahns love it, including our boys:)
If you like these baked potato wedges, you might also like:
- 3-Ingredient Roasted Parmesan Pesto Potatoes
- Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
- Smoked Paprika Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Mustard Crusted Potatoes
Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges
- 8 small russet potatoes cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley for garnish
- Ketchup or other sauces for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the potato wedges in a large bowl of ice water. Soak for 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes are soaking, combine the olive oil, garlic, and dried rosemary in a small bowl.
- Drain the potatoes and pat them dry with a paper towel. Place the potato wedges back in the bowl. Drizzle the olive oil and garlic mixture over the potatoes and gently toss until wedges are well coated.
- Place potato wedges on the prepared baking sheets, in an even layer. Sprinkle ¼ cup of the parmesan cheese over potato wedges and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake for 35 minutes, flipping halfway, or until the potatoes are crisp and golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese over the wedges. Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve warm with ketchup or other sauces, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod