Baked Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal-this easy baked oatmeal recipe will remind you of your favorite snack! It reheats well, so make a big pan to enjoy all week long.
Remember when I made Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal Cookies? Well, I’ve made them a dozen times since I first shared the recipe on the blog. They are one of my very favorite cookies. The problem is they don’t last long because I am a cookie monster. If cookies are on the counter or in the freezer, I will eat them. They don’t stand a chance with me around. The problem is I found myself eating my Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal Cookies for breakfast far too often. There are healthy ingredients in the cookies so I thought it was A-OK to have a couple for breakfast.
I thought it was fine until Caleb, our three year old, told me that we aren’t supposed to eat cookies for breakfast. Oops! He caught me!
So instead of setting a bad example, I decided to turn my favorite cookie into baked oatmeal. I made a pan of Baked Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal with basically the same ingredients as the cookies. I didn’t want to get another lecture from our toddler:)
Baked oatmeal is one of our very favorite breakfasts. A few of our favorite recipes include our Blueberry Coconut, Peach Almond, and Apple Cinnamon. Thanks to my cookies, I invited peanut butter to the party for this recipe and I am so glad I did! The peanut butter, apple, oatmeal combo is a winner…again!
This healthy baked oatmeal will warm you up on a cold morning and keep you full until lunchtime. I love a good healthy and hearty breakfast! I love cookies too, but Caleb is right, baked oatmeal is probably a better choice:)
I love making a pan of Baked Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal on Sunday morning so we can enjoy a special Sunday breakfast and then have the leftovers throughout the week. Baked oatmeal reheats great in the microwave. I just add a little splash of milk to perk it up and BOOM, you have a delicious and nutritious breakfast in seconds!
And the good part is, this baked oatmeal still feels like you are eating a treat for breakfast because it is so good! So go ahead and treat yourself to a pan of Baked Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal. It is mama and toddler approved! Enjoy!
Baked Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal
- 2 cups old fashioned oats can use gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups skim milk or milk of your choice
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy all-natural peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cups diced apples I leave the skin on
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 8 square baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, applesauce, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the oat mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the peanut butter and mix until combined. Add the apples and stir again. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the top is golden and oatmeal is set. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.
- Note-this baked oatmeal is great reheated in the microwave. We like to make a pan and eat it throughout the week. This recipe can easily be doubled for a 9 x 13 pan. Use gluten-free oats to make this recipe gluten-free. You can serve with brown sugar, an extra splash of milk, cinnamon, or raisins if desired!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!