Vacation is finally over and I am a little sad to see it go. Josh and I had an entire week off and we did absolutely nothing. Well, we watched an obscene amount of movies and did our fair share of cooking, baking, and eating, but nothing too strenuous. It was nice to relax and spend time together. One of the highlights of our week was breakfast time. Every morning we made a special breakfast to enjoy together. One of my favorite recipes from the week was apple cinnamon baked oatmeal.
I usually wake up every morning at 5:00 so I can go to the gym and get my day going. I also like to go to bed early, but things changed while we were on vacation. We stayed up late every night and slept in almost every morning (Josh says 7:00 doesn’t count as sleeping in, but for me it is sleeping in). It was nice to slowly wake up and stay in our pj’s while we cooked breakfast. On a cold, snowy morning we made apple cinnamon baked oatmeal and it hit the spot.
Baked oatmeal is comforting, satisfying, and delicious. This baked oatmeal recipe is seasoned with cinnamon and diced apple chunks. It is easy to put together and only takes 20 minutes to bake. I like to serve a buffet of toppings on the side. A few of our favorites include: raisins, dried cranberries, chopped almonds, and brown sugar. I also like to pour warm milk over the top of my portion. So good! If you have leftovers, don’t throw them out, baked oatmeal is great reheated. It will keep in the refrigerator for about a week. Make a big batch on Sunday so you can enjoy a healthy and delicious breakfast all week long.
If one of your New Year’s resolutions is to eat healthy, add apple cinnamon baked oatmeal to your breakfast menu. This oatmeal is a good source of fiber, fruit, calcium, and will keep you full for hours. Start your day off right with apple cinnamon baked oatmeal. It is warming, wholesome, and good for the soul.
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large Granny Smith apple peeled, cored, and diced
- Brown Sugar
- Dried Cranberries
- Chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8 by 8 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, applesauce, butter, egg whites, and vanilla. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until combined. Gently stir in diced apples. Pour oatmeal mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until oatmeal is golden brown and set. Remove from oven and serve warm. Add additional toppings to baked oatmeal, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
If you like this apple cinnamon baked oatmeal, you might also like:
Steel Cut Oats from Two Peas and Their Pod
Pumpkin Cranberry Apple Baked Oatmeal from My Kitchen Addiction
Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures
Baked Banana Oatmeal from Kath Eats Real Food