BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza made with store-bought French bread and topped with BBQ sauce, chicken, bacon, mozzarella cheese, pineapple, jalapeño, and cilantro. This easy pizza is a favorite weeknight meal.
This post is sponsored by Kroger.
Father’s Day is right around the corner and this easy BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza has Father’s Day written all over it. This is one of Josh’s favorite recipes and our boys love it too! When we have French bread pizza for dinner, there is no complaining, only eating. The boys don’t make a peep because they are too busy devouring their pizza. It is one of our their favorite weeknight dinners.
How to make Easy French Bread Pizza
Now, it’s time to tell you our little secrets for making this super easy pizza.
- First, we start with store bought French bread. You don’t have to make homemade pizza dough, the bread is the crust! We buy our French bread at Smith’s, they bake fresh French bread every day and it makes the best pizza crust.
- We also pick up a rotisserie chicken from Smith’s to make this pizza to keep the recipe super simple. We shred the rotisserie chicken and mix it with Kroger’s Honey Sweet BBQ Sauce.
- We buy shredded mozzarella cheese to save time in the kitchen.
- You can use pre-cooked bacon or you can cook the bacon in advance. Sometimes, Josh makes bacon for breakfast and saves a few slices for the pizza.
Now, you know our secrets, let’s assemble the pizza! Slice the French bread lengthwise and top with:
- BBQ sauce
- shredded BBQ chicken
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- red onion
- jalapeño slices
If you aren’t a fan of spicy, you can leave the jalapeño slices off, but Josh uses tamed jalapeño slices so they aren’t that spicy, they just add great flavor!
Bake the French bread pizza in the oven until the cheese is melted and the bread is slightly crispy around the edges. Top with a little fresh cilantro and cut into slices and EAT!
This easy BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza is perfect for quick and easy weeknight meals, parties, game day, and Father’s Day. Enjoy!
If you like this BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza, you might also like:
BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken
- 1 cup Kroger Honey Sweet BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices cooked bacon chopped
- ½ cup canned pineapple pieces drained
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- ¼ cup tamed jalapeño slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice French bread loaf in half lengthwise and place on a large baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shredded chicken with ½ cup of the BBQ sauce. Stir until chicken is coated.
- Spread the remaining ½ cup of BBQ sauce evenly on the bread. Top evenly with shredded cheese, chicken, bacon, pineapple, red onion, jalapeño slices, and chopped cilantro.
- Place the French bread pizza in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread is crisp around the edges. Remove from the oven and cut the pizza into pieces. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
This post is in partnership with Kroger, but our opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting the brands that continue to make Two Peas and Their Pod possible.