Easy homemade French Bread Pizza that only takes 20 minutes to make! You don’t have to stress about making pizza dough, the French bread is the crust! Super kid friendly and delicious for adults!
Homemade French Bread Pizza for the Win
The Super Bowl is less than a week away! Are you ready for the big game? Even if you aren’t excited about the football game, you can still enjoy good food and the commercials.
If you are looking for a super easy recipe to serve your family and friends, make Easy French Bread Pizza. Invite your friends over and let them top their portion of the pizza with their favorite toppings!
Pizza is the perfect food for game day and this French Bread Pizza is beyond easy. It only takes about 20 minutes to make!
Kids Love French Bread Pizza
Caleb takes after Josh in a lot of ways, especially in his love for pizza. Caleb asks for pizza every day of the week. It is currently his favorite food.
Caleb was begging for pizza last week so Josh told him he would make it for dinner if Caleb took a good nap. Caleb recently learned how to get out of his crib, so nap time has been interesting. Pizza was the magic word because Caleb slept like a baby!
How to Make French Bread Pizza
Josh surprised Caleb with a special pizza. He made French Bread Pizza!
- French bread pizza is so easy to make because you use store bought French bread as the pizza crust. You don’t have to make homemade pizza dough.
- To make the French bread pizza, sliced a loaf of French bread in half, lengthwise, and top it with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and your favorite toppings. Josh used sausage, caramelized onions, and roasted red peppers for this pizza. The joy of making French bread pizza? You can use whatever toppings you want! Feel free to add mushrooms, spinach, artichokes, pepperoni, pineapple, fresh basil, tomatoes, whatever pizza toppings you love!
- Bake the pizza until the cheese is melted. Slice the French bread pizza and serve warm. Kids and adults love this easy pizza recipe! It is perfect for busy weeknight dinners or easy entertaining.
French Bread Pizza Variations
The next time you are craving pizza, make Easy French Bread Pizza. It is so easy and so good! And you can top your pizza with your favorite pizza toppings. Josh always makes sure he makes a veggie half for me:)
If you like this easy French Bread Pizza, you might also like:
Easy French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf French Bread
- Pizza sauce homemade or store bought
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Your favorite pizza toppings-Josh used sausage caramelized onions, and roasted red peppers this time
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice French bread loaf in half lengthwise and place on a large baking sheet. Evenly spread pizza sauce over the bread. Top with cheese and desired toppings.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut and serve!
- Note-you can cut the French bread into 4 pieces. This is fun for a pizza party. Everyone can make their own pizza with their favorite toppings!
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod
We make pizza on all forms of bread around here too! French bread is very good, as is bagel! Kaylin still hasn’t climbed out of her crib…I’m thinking we may end up just switching her to a bed anyway
I am loving this easy pizza! I never make pizza at home due to the whole “having to make my own dough” thang…not fun. This is perfect for these I NEED PIZZA RIGHT NOW cravings…….every day of my life.
I just love french bread pizza! So yummy!!
French Bread Pizza is the best!! Looks so fun too!
Yah, congrats on your pregnancy Maria! The second one is definitely harder when you have a little one running around, but it’s so worth it. Glad to hear you’re feeling better and wishing you a healthy and smooth pregnancy. xo
Love french bread pizzas!
Love French bread pizza but have never made it at home. Such a great, easy idea. Glad you’re feeling a bit better. Hope to see you soon.
Perfect weeknight dinner idea! I love how easy this is and that kids could be involved in making this!
LOVE this idea!! So simple and easy for guests on game day!
I love how easy this is!! No fussing with yeast dough and so kid friendly!
Yes and yes! You can’t go wrong with pizza for the Super Bowl!
This is awesome! I used to love those frozen French bread pizzas when I was a kid. I haven’t had one in years (maybe decades), and now I’m craving one. I’m sure homemade is a million times better!
I absolutely love french bread pizza. I don’t know why I haven’t thought of making my own! These look delicious.
Looks incredibly yummy!
French bread pizza is so fun. I love that it’s easy and my mouth can be full of melty cheese in no time.
Cheesy and tasty!
That melty cheese has me craving pizza! This looks so wonderful!
I love French Bread Pizza, look at that cheese! 🙂
Ahhh, seriously need this for dinner asap!! Looks amazing!
I’m all about easy dinners, especially by the end of the week! My kids love personal pizzas like this.
These photos are making me so hungry!!! Best dinner in a jiffy ever!!!
All that cheese!! Oh man, these look soo good!
I want this right now. I don’t even care that it’s 9am! Yum.
It couldn’t be easier, or more delicious 🙂
I was SUCH a sucker for those Stouffer French Bread pizzas growing up–even though part of it would inevitably always have freezer burn and be hard as a rock. It was the one frozen meal that I convinced my mom to get for me every once and a while.
This homemade version looks so good Maria!!
This looks great Maria & I love hope easy it is 🙂
I keep seeing these French bread pizzas and think how easy and delicious. Now if only I would just make one.
Love this idea! Pinned it for this weekend!
French Bread Pizza = win win! YUMMY <3 <3 ya
We are trying to get Asher out of his crib so Jacob can get in it. Wish us luck!!
A quick preparation with a tasty accomplishment is just the kind of things we need around here!
Just wondering, do you cook the sausage first?
try sub rolls in place of the french bread
We have been making these for years. We like to put sliced tomatoes on ours. It is also good on garlic bread.
Do you think stale French bread would be a good candidate for this? (Always have a chunk of that in the fridge 🙂
Yummy, what a great recipe. been looking for decent bread making recipe. Thanks for sharing.
This type of pizza is very delicious. I tried at home and it was great.
Magnificent website. Lots of useful information here. I’m sending it to several friends ans also sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks for your effort!